• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart Sales

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Stuart Choice shoes havent been made by Edward Green for at least 6-7 years, I'm guessing it's closer to 10.

It's around 10.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sale got a big "MEH" from me. Three years ago was much better. Some nice stuff, but not as large a selection as before, and certainly not as much high end stuff.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I think I was in line behind Norcal and another forumite . . . I had on the EG Barksdales in Edwardian antique . . .
Too bad I didn't know that was you. Norcal and I noticed your Barksdales, nice! Next time we can properly meet.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was norcal in the knit tie and double monks? That chap was very stylish.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was Chorse, I was the relaxed looking Asian guy in the blue sweater vest, jeans, and Tod's drivers. It's called my "nerdy" shopper look.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
This sale got a big "MEH" from me. Three years ago was much better. Some nice stuff, but not as large a selection as before, and certainly not as much high end stuff.

In my opinion, the problem is that they waited only two years. Now that Soiffer-Haskin has this dedicated location, they have more motivation to throw a sale whenever possible. Most of the sales at the new place have been less than stellar, though I did well at Hickey Freeman.

Originally Posted by zjpj83
Was norcal in the knit tie and double monks? That chap was very stylish.

Thank you. That was me.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
As of two weeks ago, Bergdorf was selling a very similar looking pair by Vass for $599. Sizes 8.5 and 9.5 only.

Are you sure? I practically live at the BG shoe dept and I never saw a Vass that even remotely resembled that shoe. The only $599 Vass of the last few months were the monk, calf captoe, a horrible boot and a suede/calf captoe.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Where these on sale? http://www.paulstuart.com/Product/Pr...?id=725&cid=81
No, at least not as far as I saw. They had the half calf half suede version that Bennies had a while back. A plain toe, with a stitching that recalled (I think) the Stowe in the old Masterpiece line.
grn01034_Black_m.jpg
They were pretty sweet. I can't recall if the suede covered the whole heel.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
posted this in the sale section by accident:

just got back from the sale - was able to get a pair of grenson cap toes for $250 (retail 679) & shoes trees for $15 (retail $45). was hoping to get a suit but they had nothing in a 36r. overall am happy with the shoes, but was hoping to get more. i was actually expecting more merchandise, it seemed kidn of light for a frist day - are they holding anything back?
i thought the sale was ok but i really wanted a suit and they had nothing in a 36r, and i passed up a couple suits at the barneys sale...oh well, live and learn

and i should have bought more shoe trees.......stupid mistake

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
No, at least not as far as I saw. They had the half calf half suede version that Bennies had a while back. A plain toe, with a stitching that recalled (I think) the Stowe in the old Masterpiece line.
grn01034_Black_m.jpg

They were pretty sweet. I can't recall if the suede covered the whole heet.

Yes, I picked up a pair of these. They are called the Robinson (half leather/suede) and if "heet" refers to the area below the stitching that runs parallel to the laces and then on to the back of the shoe - then yes, it does cover the whole heet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads