• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe that is me ... sorry guys i just got like 3 PMs regarding the order

sorry ive been MIA. i believe i have responded to all pm's about this ... my grandmother just passed and ive been in and out of town with little to know internet access
frown.gif

i apologize to the group for letting this go so long. i havent checked or been on the forum lately and figured you would have emailed me if something was urgent.

please pass my spot to someone else next on the list

sorry again! ill be on for sure for the next order

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
rkusmant: you might want to start a 3rd lot of Eatons. I might be down for one if I can scratch together the cash.

facepalm.gif
That sort of uncertainty is why, afaik, the 2nd order hasn't gone through yet. But you're suggesting a 3rd run? Really?

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i believe that is me ... sorry guys i just got like 3 PMs regarding the order

sorry ive been MIA. i believe i have responded to all pm's about this ... my grandmother just passed and ive been in and out of town with little to know internet access
frown.gif

i apologize to the group for letting this go so long. i havent checked or been on the forum lately and figured you would have emailed me if something was urgent.

please pass my spot to someone else next on the list

sorry again! ill be on for sure for the next order

Sincere condolences on your loss.

How does your grandmother's passing have anything to do with your inability to pay the deposit now that you're back online? Fwiw, you've posted in the last few days too...
confused.gif

Seriously, going forward, anyone interested in one of the group buy MTO designs should be aware that you might be holding up a group if you don't pay up as soon as 6 buyers are found and that there might be someone else ready, willing and able to take your slot and pay up. Just sayin.

@rkusmant, here's a novel idea you might want to run by Richard @ Shoehealer: when a new design comes up, perhaps he could post it direct on shoehealer with a downpayment option. That way, you won't have to deal with any of this **** and the whole process might actually be faster once people realize that it's truly on a 1st pay basis. Who knows, there might be lurkers who'd be willing to pay for a slot, or even random online shoppers who happen upon the design by accident on Shoehealer's website. He could take the design down and refund downpayments if there aren't enough subscribers after 1 month for example.

rkusmant

Reaction score
RKD Sorry to hear the news, my condolences... Wes Bourne Yeah I totally agree with your idea, but if we replicate other people's design then it can make bigger issue for Shoehealer. If it's original design then I think Richard will completely agrees with this plan. All Group Order folks I'm updating the list on first page, if you haven't responded then see if your name is still on the list, if not then your spot is gone. With the updates, we need one more for LW and Eaton each.

ducky

Reaction score
from a French forum. it's my style athough MTO on cordovan is way out of my purse. Just to give some inspiration
smile.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
Wes Bourne Yeah I totally agree with your idea, but if we replicate other people's design then it can make bigger issue for Shoehealer. If it's original design then I think Richard will completely agrees with this plan.

I'll put my money where my mouth is. If Richard wants to use my grey/navy Stow as a trial design, I'll send over down payment as soon as he posts it up on his website.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
facepalm.gif
That sort of uncertainty is why, afaik, the 2nd order hasn't gone through yet. But you're suggesting a 3rd run? Really?

Sorry, was totally unaware the 2nd run hadn't gone through yet and I know a couple of people had expressed interest in the TRICKERS thread. In any case, I've said I'll be down for filling the last space in the 2nd Eaton run. I've done an MTO from Richard before and he has my cc details, so it will be a mere matter of me e-mailing him to get the payment through, so I will put my money where my mouth is.

--Marcel

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the status of the #2 longwing shoe MTO project? We need one more person in on this to make it happen, correct? Have the five people already on that list already sent a down payment? I thought Richard needed the down payments from six people by this Monday.

- K

rkusmant

Reaction score
The Eaton is complete and the LW shoes needs one more, but I think Richard is willing to pick up the last one. So I would say both group order are confirmed.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
The Eaton is complete and the LW shoes needs one more, but I think Richard is willing to pick up the last one. So I would say both group order are confirmed.

Good stuff, glad to see a couple of designs finally went through.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Sincere condolences on your loss. How does your grandmother's passing have anything to do with your inability to pay the deposit now that you're back online? Fwiw, you've posted in the last few days too...
confused.gif
Seriously, going forward, anyone interested in one of the group buy MTO designs should be aware that you might be holding up a group if you don't pay up as soon as 6 buyers are found and that there might be someone else ready, willing and able to take your slot and pay up. Just sayin.

just to let everyone know I have "put my money, where my mouth is" and AGAIN stress and apologize for the delay. Richard from the shoe healer is an amazing fellow. he was going to just order for my spot and cover my cost or sell to the next fellow who happened to be my size. but luckily my family issues are now coming to a close and i am more than happy to follow through. the order was going to go through REGARDLESS of me thanks to Richard's generosity. let me first explain Wes, that I did not realize things had progressed so far and did not know I was the singular reason for the order not going through. I was contacted by Robin through email originally and figured if it was urgent, he would have contacted me again through there (also my phone number is within the signature) and my personal email is available throughout the forum. i am a strong regular poster on here and the reason i have been MIA in recent times is due to my personal issues. you are correct for pointing out that i have posted but literally spent less than 5 min on the forum and posted only once or twice. i do not have to answer to you and if it was so urgent, Richard and or Robin would have been fully capable of offering the spot to others who were on the list. but you assume that i had enough time to read through multiple pages of this particular thread and assume i had this thread stickied or saved or subscribed or whatever it is. regardless i did apologize and have paid the downpayment and all is squared. i figured my original apology and explanation was enough but since you called me out this should be enough for you to move on and stop making a criminal case out of a personal loss. not to mention that my delay has nothing to do with you or your order since YOU ARENT EVEN ON THIS PARTICULAR LIST so you can keep your condolences and F off.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let me first explain Wes, that I did not realize things had progressed so far and did not know I was the singular reason for the order not going through. I was contacted by Robin through email originally and figured if it was urgent, he would have contacted me again through there (also my phone number is within the signature) and my personal email is available throughout the forum. i am a strong regular poster on here and the reason i have been MIA in recent times is due to my personal issues

In the end, it's just a pair of shoes, so no, I don't think it should ever be an urgent matter in the grand scheme of things. That said, why should anyone have to reach out to you via e-mail or phone to get a hold of you for this?

you are correct for pointing out that i have posted but literally spent less than 5 min on the forum and posted only once or twice. i do not have to answer to you and if it was so urgent, Richard and or Robin would have been fully capable of offering the spot to others who were on the list.

But they didn't do that, or held off doing that as long as they could, cause it wouldn't be right to just give your spot away...

but you assume that i had enough time to read through multiple pages of this particular thread and assume i had this thread stickied or saved or subscribed or whatever it is.

The only thing I assumed is that you should've paid by now, considering you were apparently all good to go a couple of weeks ago. But hey, you don't have to answer to me for that.

i figured my original apology and explanation was enough but since you called me out this should be enough for you to move on and stop making a criminal case out of a personal loss. not to mention that my delay has nothing to do with you or your order since YOU ARENT EVEN ON THIS PARTICULAR LIST so you can keep your condolences and F off.

Just man up and admit that you finally did pay because you were called out on this. Certainly appears to be the case. Guilt huh?

No, I was never part of this order, but I can certainly relate to guys who were, had paid, and were waiting for it to finally go to production. As for Richard offering to take up that 6th spot if need be, that appears to be a rather recent development.

and F off.

No, **** you.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol i finally have this thread subscribed so i can get INSTANT feedback! but why you mad? you seem so mad
nest.gif
tumblr_lfkifzZtwN1qza7o9.jpg

i wanted the shoes, thus i signed up. i figured i would be contacted by email if the payment was due. when i signed up originally, payment had not been called for yet. people were still deciding on the finality of the design and there was back and forth over the sizing of the 81 last, etc. Since Robin and i had originally conversed via email for this order, it was safe to assume that payment and instructions would be given through that medium. i had no idea payment was due since i wasnt checking the forum due to my family problems. you are correct that RECENTLY (i believe 2 days ago), i was contacted by email from Richard and Robin and they offered to go through with the order regardless of me. but lo and behold, i am now back at home with family arrangements all taken care of and have the time, energy, and ability to be online and banter with you over the forum
smile.gif
... so no guilt, just good timing. i have many other things on preorder not including these trickers. i love it when a plan comes together and its great to know that you, wes, are so worried about others. you are so right. calling me out over my family death for a deferred payment over shoes is completely warranted and because of your sole effort, all is in order.
worship.gif
if only the rest of the world could just be put on hold for all things revolving styleforum. i apologize for bothering you wes and ruining your sense of timelines and duty to styleforum and group shoe orders.
spam[1].gif
anyway no need to pollute the thread and forum with this uselessness ... lets move on and buy/order more shoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads