• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Supply - official Affiliate thread

chiggah

Reaction score
Im need new shirts... Junesf doesnt work for Gitman shirts ?

chiggah

Reaction score
Chris, I have placed an order for 2 Gitman shirts shipped to New Zealand. I have sent an email to [email protected] to declare the items at a lower value so I do not get taxed by customs. Can you please make sure it gets looked at ? Order #100033953

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
Code works now, on APC too

Ah, yes...APCs for $157.50 shipped.....
devil.gif

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiggah
Chris, I have placed an order for 2 Gitman shirts shipped to New Zealand. I have sent an email to [email protected] to declare the items at a lower value so I do not get taxed by customs. Can you please make sure it gets looked at ?

Order #100033953

You're asking an established retailer to break the law (and risk fines) so one customer can save a few $$ on taxes...

If I were them I'd tell you to get bent.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ They aren't the only ones who do that. I won't name names but there are other businesses popular on this forum who do the same thing.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some retailers will do it because they're kind, but if you're ordering from overseas you should always take into account customs fees before placing an order. It's just the monster of ordering internationally, and it's pretty lame to publicly ask a retailer to do it.

chiggah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
You're asking an established retailer to break the law (and risk fines) so one customer can save a few $$ on taxes...

If I were them I'd tell you to get bent.

It's not a few $$ on taxes

Last time i ordered a desert boot and APC denim from them, i was taxed $150 New zealand dollars which was $122 USD.

I know it's few dollars in the USA, but it's horrendous here.

blake3030

Reaction score
Australia rules for buying internationally. Never had to pay a thing. I think you only have to pay when the product value is over $1000.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta say Need Supply is ruling right now. They've got good brands at a range of prices, and keep adding stuff like Master-piece. Plus a v. good women's selection. Great shop, wish it were a little closer to DC. OK, in DC.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Is the "junesf" code still valid? Just tried it and it doesn't seem to work. If not, is there a new promotional code for members? Thanks!

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiggah
It's not a few $$ on taxes Last time i ordered a desert boot and APC denim from them, i was taxed $150 New zealand dollars which was $122 USD. I know it's few dollars in the USA, but it's horrendous here.
How is that the store's problem though? If you really want to avoid import taxes, try using a mail forwarding service like shipito.com. You can declare the value yourself instead of bothering the retailer. I don't think it's horrible to ask about it though, I did it myself a couple of times before I started using mail forwarding, but I'd never expect it or think any less of a store that says no. Edit: Gah just realized that was posted ages ago, sorry.

ChrisNeedSupply

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys- you can use the code JULYSF10 for this next month.

On the subject of marking down package values on customs forms- we just can't do it. It's definitely a bummer to get hit with customs fees, but it's illegal to mess with the form.

Gagno905

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Need Supply co for their excellent customer service on my recent order. I placed an order for a bag and a pair of shoes for my girlfriend. The orders were combined to save shipping and it arrived quickly.

A piece of one of the shoes fell off the moment they were tried on. I emailed Need Supply about this about they gave me some amazing options on how to proceed. I honestly didn't expect such a great response. Long story short I am a fully satisfied customer and very happy they're an SF affiliate.

Keep it up folks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads