• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a 'signature-item'?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
There have been instances where I have had to use it for myself, and some times for others.

you have had multiple instances where you have had to use a 5 inch fixed blade knife? you probably should make changes in how you live your life.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
What would you do if someone mugged you and was trying to kill you? Sprinkle fairy dust on them and hope for the best?

That's actually not a bad idea at all. Humour can dissolve a lot of tense situations.
Were I confronted in a threatening manner I would promise to bleed all over them if they got rough.

Back to the original thread question... my signature item(s) are hats. Fedoras in cold weather and a nice Panama hat in summer.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Somehow, I suspect you'll live if an internet conversation goes a little astray.

Also, I don't wander into CE much anymore. Too many of the "Obama is an alien sent from outer space to turn the nation into a muslin facisim!" types in there.

Are you surprised?

Your made in USA right-wingers are the best in the world ...

They're genuinely insane.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Are you surprised? Your made in USA right-wingers are the best in the world ... They're genuinely insane.
As are the left-wing wanna-be academics in the US.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
As are the left-wing wanna-be academics in the US.

We don't hear from them as much over here...

They entertain us which is a good thing...

john_sf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
OaQJs.png

What is this ?

IsteRed

Reaction score

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

Sorry, bedtime over here. Have to get up early.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
What would you do if someone mugged you and was trying to kill you? Sprinkle fairy dust on them and hope for the best? Its a dangerous world. Open your ******* eyes.

LMFAO. You do realize that if you pull a gun or knife on a mugger, you're more likely to get hurt and not less, right? More likely to scare him into shooting or stabbing or what have you.

And honestly, do you really live in such a dangerous environment that muggers are a real, probable, daily threat?

For the record, I'm not against gun ownership whatsoever. I am very pro 2nd amendment. I just don't see an actual need to carry in public. I'm not saying it should be illegal; I'm saying that only weirdos and paranoids seem to do it. I would consider "protection against muggers" to be at best wildly naive and at worst nutty/paranoid.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
LMFAO. You do realize that if you pull a gun or knife on a mugger, you're more likely to get hurt and not less, right? More likely to scare him into shooting or stabbing or what have you.

And honestly, do you really live in such a dangerous environment that muggers are a real, probable, daily threat?

For the record, I'm not against gun ownership whatsoever. I am very pro 2nd amendment. I just don't see an actual need to carry in public. I'm not saying it should be illegal; I'm saying that only weirdos and paranoids seem to do it. I would consider "protection against muggers" to be at best wildly naive and at worst nutty/paranoid.

... and you are being very polite and politically correct.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gonna have to agree with DC. to the exception of one good friend of mine who is well skilled in self defense, anyone else i know who pulled a weapon ended up getting hurt worse. if you dont know exactly what to do and how to stay calm you are probably going to make things worse for yourself.

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Maybe there's something I'm not getting here, but this is 2011. What's the point of carrying a pocket knife? Keeping one in your car, sure, maybe. But carrying one? Explain the daily use case to me.

Already been answered, but I might chip in as well. I carry mine to cut of loose threads, cut open boxes, open letters, open bottles/cans, etcetera. It has it's uses, perhaps not every day but 3-4 times a week at the very least.

+ if I get bored, I start sawing wood-things with it. Oh the joys a man can get from sawing things!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads