• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer is around the corner and I need T-Shirts...

ImFlier

Reaction score
It's getting hot, and I have no t-shirts. Thing is, I'm not sure which I should be going for. Idk if graphhic tees are any good, and i'm not sure if I should be buy t-shirts from a place such as aeropostale. Please Help.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Banana Republic Pima cotton no stretch.

Grab a bunch in white and black and you're set.

I size down one for a great fit.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricky
Banana Republic Pima cotton no stretch.

Grab a bunch in white and black and you're set.

I size down one for a great fit.

And dark gray. I like steel gray t shirts a lot.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you're still in high school, don't buy graphic tees. If you want a plain t-shirt go to H&M and pick some up for $5-$10 each. Good quality for the price, and they'll get the job done.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Most people approach this heat issue from the wrong perspective. It's not your top that needs to be cool, it's the bottom part of your body. A more appropriate outfit for the hot weather:

photo-51.jpg

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Most people approach this heat issue from the wrong perspective. It's not your top that needs to be cool, it's the bottom part of your body. A more appropriate outfit for the hot weather:

photo-51.jpg

You're getting a lot of snarky mileage out of that picture. Good work. Carry on.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

photo-51.jpg

i see you are feeling this pic today, is that you?

john_sf

Reaction score
Gildan heavy cotton t shirts ... blank ... $5 or so from amazon, in any color you want.

They are very well made, as opposed to blank American Apparel shirts that are often misshapen or crooked, and do not have the variable quality you find from gap/BR t shirts.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two H&M shirts and they are pretty much done after three months. Normally I wear Calvin Klein or the J.Crew really soft V necks In terms of graphic tees I'm 20 and have not worn any tees in a long time (black/grey v necks every once in a while running errands and stuff) but I feel they are coming back a bit. One line I'm going to get next time I'm in NY is Saturdays: http://www.saturdaysnyc.com/item/logo-t-shirt
5a7c5137ce66f8138d57497b84e6d334.jpg
I would say clean graphic tees (some John Varatos, Marc Jacobs, RVCA, a bunch more haven't been keeping up.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny, six months ago (pre-SF), I couldn't have imagined abandoning t-shirts. I even got excited about ordering a bunch from Threadless (which is, it has to be said, pretty cool).

Now (post-SF) I see wearing a t-shirt primarily as a missed opportunity to wear a shirt.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't t-shirts the things you wear under $300 dress shirts?

stormin10

Reaction score
When you guys mention "graphic Tees" are you talking about some sort of obnoxious saying and/or huge branding across the front? What are the current SF thoughts about tees with small brand insignia?

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tricky
Banana Republic Pima cotton no stretch. Grab a bunch in white and black and you're set. I size down one for a great fit.
+1 to everything you just said I also like the dark grey for bumming around the house. These are not the cheapest T-shirts out there and I would say they are probably overpriced BUT they fit me the best so I don't mind overpaying. What I also like about BR t-shirts is that the V-neck shirts are the least deep V's I have found. I can't stand deep v-neck Ts... Buy a whole bunch from different sources and decide what fits you best after a few washes. It took me a few years to find the BR ones and that's all I buy now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads