• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart Sales

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
How was the shoe selection? Discontinued models or current stock? If current, did any stand out?

Decent selection. Stock seemed to be a lot of models from previous seasons - the thin monk strap, the half leather/half suede pair, etc. The only shoe from the current stock I saw was the white buck full brogue. I thought about it, but they had some damage. maybe on the last day. Maybe some of the loafers were from current stock. I didn't look too closely.

Prices, as VR noted, were not as good as before. I managed to find a pebble grain chukka with a dainite sole for a song. Need to try them on with thick socks, as they seemed a little loose. One pair of shoe trees, a few pairs of socks. There was only one suit in 38R by the time I got in and the jackets in my size were oddly large and nothing special. I was around the 200th person in line and I got there 15 minutes before opening.

HitMan009

Reaction score
is it located in the same place as the last sale?

Nevermind, I found out.....

What was the selection on 7,7.5 size shoes?

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked out with 2 pairs of SC for $250 each - good, but not a great price. 9/9.5 SC selection was thin and I was ~#50 in line this morning. Will see what's left after day 2 markdowns.

On a side note- the captoes I bought doesn't have the usual SC logo on the bottom, it just says "Made in England", did I luck out and get some NOS EGs?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HitMan009
is it located in the same place as the last sale?

317 W 33, right across the street from the Main Post Office.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
I walked out with 2 pairs of SC for $250 each - good, but not a great price. 9/9.5 SC selection was thin and I was ~#50 in line this morning. Will see what's left after day 2 markdowns.

On a side note- the captoes I bought doesn't have the usual SC logo on the bottom, it just says "Made in England", did I luck out and get some NOS EGs?

Nope, still Grenson Masterpieces. Stuart Choice shoes havent been made by Edward Green for at least 6-7 years, I'm guessing it's closer to 10.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of tan suede loafers SC for $250. However, I also picked up a pair of brown captoe-brogued loafers, SC, for $125. This is a model that I've seen many times at Bennie's and PS, so I think you can get older SC models for less than $250. I also picked up a pair of 9.5E black captoe brogues for my father. They may not fit him so you may see those posted very soon on the B&S forum. Also, great looking shoe trees at $15.99. They were going fast by the time I left around 11 a.m.

I passed on a charcoal grey suit with in navy blue plaid. Made in Italy, but retail was only $1084. Any ideas as to maker?

I think I was in line behind Norcal and another forumite . . . I had on the EG Barksdales in Edwardian antique . . .

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought that was you... and I noticed the RLPL shoes, and commented to StockwellDay. Sorry man, its been awhile since I ran into you last...

I did pretty well for myself, and probably spent more than I should have. Oh well, I wont have to add anything new for the next few months.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I passed on a charcoal grey suit with in navy blue plaid. Made in Italy, but retail was only $1084. Any ideas as to maker?

Probably by Isaia to the diffusion line Gian Luca standard, fused.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
I hate not living in NYC sometimes.

Ditto. Any chance the Chicago store will be having a sale next week when I'm in town?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance

I think I was in line behind Norcal and another forumite . . . I had on the EG Barksdales in Edwardian antique . . .

Suit was probably Isaia, and only half canvased I believe, so a decent pass.

That was me with Norcal. Were you wearing a green checked shirt and a sweater vest? I liked that shirt.

Also, was it one you wearing a three piece brown suit with peaked lapels, and a wool tie. That was sharp!

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Yeah I thought that was you... and I noticed the RLPL shoes, and commented to StockwellDay. Sorry man, its been awhile since I ran into you last...

I did pretty well for myself, and probably spent more than I should have. Oh well, I wont have to add anything new for the next few months.

I thought it was you, but I get shy in large gatherings
smile.gif
I'll be sure to say hello next time!

My fiance wants to drag me back on Thursday afternoon, I think. I'll provide an update on the sale.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
Not worth the price, IMO, compared to other deals you could find in NYC.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Suit was probably Isaia, and only half canvased I believe, so a decent pass.

That was me with Norcal. Were you wearing a green checked shirt and a sweater vest? I liked that shirt.

Also, was it one you wearing a three piece brown suit with peaked lapels, and a wool tie. That was sharp!

Sounds like I made the right choice. I think when I was in line behind Norcal, he was with Stockwell Day. I had on light grey slacks, a darker grey pullover over my dress shirt, and the Barksdales. I did see the guy with the three-piece suit, very nice!

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Any chance the Chicago store will be having a sale next week when I'm in town?

No, it's a NY thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads