• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you wear shorts?

imschatz

Reaction score
Only when participating in a sporting activity.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
summer in b-more no AC at work, shorts are a requirement.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
Boat shoes for the first fit, and slightly longer shorts. On the second fit, the first shoes --might-- work. And please, never use long white socks with shorts nor walking shoes!!

Thanks.
1) You don't like my $1200/pair shorts?

2) Will try boat shoes, but honestly in California I've only seen it a few times, and never loafers.

3) at least half the people here wear white socks with shorts, maybe a regional thing, with people associating shorts with tennis. But I am here to learn.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help you, PT, I really do.

nich

Reaction score
Yes. Fasion is a great thing, but it doesn't control who I am. If its hot out I will wear cargo shorts and go on with my life

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
I wish I could help you, PT, I really do.

Many have tried, most have given up long ago. Cisco is marketing firewalls that specifically filter all my images, brought the company up from near bankruptcy

It could be worse, my new girlfriend says she needs to do my colors.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Thanks.
1) You don't like my $1200/pair shorts?

Not a matter of price. They look too short for your long torso, which looks even longer since you're wearing them very low.

2) Will try boat shoes, but honestly in California I've only seen it a few times, and never loafers.
Try them, or loafers if you're too concerned with "no boat shoes if not boating" mentality.

3) at least half the people here wear white socks with shorts, maybe a regional thing, with people associating shorts with tennis. But I am here to learn.
Well, the walking/tennis shoes with longish socks looks more like a retired community thing, even worse if you wear them with that kind of outfit. You should try at least ankle socks.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think I can wear these with shorts? If so, what kind. Would pants go better?
ZXXv1l.jpg
Either way, I'll be wearing them without socks. So according to few, they will start to reek in about a week.

emptym

Reaction score
I love shorts. I'd wear those ^ w/ shorts. They're like the 23yr old LL Bean camp mocs I have, which I wear w/ shorts and w/o socks. I haven't had much of a problem w/ them smelling. Maybe if I wore them for several days in a row.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Do you guys think I can wear these with shorts? If so, what kind. Would pants go better?

ZXXv1l.jpg

Either way, I'll be wearing them without socks. So according to few, they will start to reek in about a week.

Of course , you can wear them with cargo shorts or bermudas...

They look great..

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Will try boat shoes, but honestly in California I've only seen it a few times, and never loafers.
Obviously we've never met.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
I love shorts. I'd wear those ^ w/ shorts. They're like the 23yr old LL Bean camp mocs I have, which I wear w/ shorts and w/o socks. I haven't had much of a problem w/ them smelling. Maybe if I wore them for several days in a row.

I think they may go nice with a white trouser.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barnabus
No even if its hot as hell out.I'm just not a shorts kinda guy.
plain.gif

Plus i don't think people want to be subjected to to ghastly pale legs covered in ginger hair.
laugh.gif

I approve of this message in its entirety.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No respectable mob boss wears shorts, and I am respectable.

Sports only.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads