• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmm45.jpg

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
Funny. Who would have thought that posting my face would get me **** like this? So, do you disagree? The outfit that comment was about should have been wrong in many ways yet it still worked, hence my comment. But feel free to interpret it however you like.
I always post pictures with my face on it. Jesus, I have to look at it everyday, so no reason SF shouldn't have to endure it as well.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cross-posting in conservative business dress today.

20110602-1.jpg

Details...

20110602-3.jpg

20110602-2.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
No need to be afraid, Spoo, you're perfectly safe here... with me.... One thing, could I try on your Panta trousers?

lol8[1].gif

emptym

Reaction score
iroh;4535813 said:
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz

this is what i dont get, for your shoulders your suit really needs shoulder pads they are not optional

I disagree. Macaroni's shoulder's look perfect to me. Not everyone wants to look like a block. I think PG's shoulders look good too.

Nice pics, Foo and Holdfast.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
IMAG0204.jpg
IMAG0205.jpg
IMAG0207.jpg

So, they are letting you wear suits to your new job now? (looks great, in any case...)

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolfador
Another bathroom shot.

photo-1.jpg

I got a haircut as suggested
biggrin.gif

I think you should look at getting some spread collars and switching to a Full Windsor knot.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Octoberfile
The brightness and design of the tie aside, I think the double windsor is appropriate for the width of the english spread collar of your shirt. A smaller knot would be overwhelmed by the wide gap between the collar points.

I think the european style is a little underrepresented on this forum, and I believe you're one of the few I've seen on here that has pulled off a double windsor with a wide english spread collar pretty well. Also, your suit appears incredibly slimming, while still providing for a relatively relaxed fit, avoiding that dreaded sausage squeeze effect that occurs when attempting to achieve that slim-fit-tailored/Tom Ford look.

Thanks for the encouragement! Any one else have any suggestions/comments? Holdfast, Spoo, MBreinin, acridsheep?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
My daughters birthday today

Congrats, Spoo! Mine turned 4 a few weeks ago. She would love your tie.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
And me:

They have an ancient pedigree:

And me:

Ec3OE.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Very sharp.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Looking pretty sharp here acrid. Nice one.
Originally Posted by Kappelan
I like it
fing02[1].gif

Thanks
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
So, they are letting you wear suits to your new job now? (looks great, in any case...)
Some people at my agency give me grief for it, but it's hard to take criticism seriously from 35 year olds wearing Abercrombie graphic tee shirts. Many of them realize this mid critique and subsequently stop lest I begin taunting them mercilessly.
Originally Posted by NOBD
Ec3OE.jpg

When I did my woolly jump months ago it was cool and different, some might say - whimsical. The pose is not easily affected by non-ovines. I do admire your ball(s).

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
When I did my woolly jump months ago it was cool and different, some might say - whimsical. The pose is not easily affected by non-ovines.

I know (or looked up) all the words in these sentences, but I haven't got a clue what you mean. Therefore I don't know if this is relevant, but this pic is from July 2010 (the day of the World Cup semi finals The Netherlands-Uruguay).

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Posting your face revealed how young you were. Hence, it allowed me to better understand the Spooship. Don't get too worked up, I am really only ******* with you.

That fit? It was far from my favorite of Spoo's. Awesome SC though. I used to have a Borrelli just like that, but it was too small.
frown.gif

Mike

Man, I get so much crap for my age, how young I look and how I dress it's hard to seperate the jokes from the insults. My fault, just gets really old.

Today's look, sans face. Silk knit tie. Would've loved to wear a pair of suede shooz with this fit but I'm still searching for a pair in my price range. Thinking of some tobacco C&J's right now, just gotta find a pair in 10.5!

1307051127-picsay-1.jpg

1307051301-picsay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads