• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

NickM3

Reaction score
I'm a view person. I've been moving around too much to collect any substantial interior furnishings or purchase/refurbish a home or condo. So here are some pics of some views. Seattle
Picture010.jpg
Picture032.jpg
Picture271.jpg
Monaco
Picture8.png
IMG_4191.jpg
IMG_4190.jpg
New York
IMG_5318.jpg
If I stay in NY, I'll probably end up relocating for some better views.

henrikc

Reaction score
Amazing views from Monaco.

Are all these pictures recent? I mean, do you own a condo in Monaco, Seattle and NY, or is it a timeline of where you've lived?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Monaco is gorgeous but the real estate situation is ridiculous. You could pay $20 million for a place and it'll still look like a dump (according to Christiesrealestate.com)

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've lived in some great houses and apartments over the years but have never had a real view to speak of. I've always wondered what it would be like to have an awesome water, mountain, and/or city view.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by henrikc

Are all these pictures recent? I mean, do you own a condo in Monaco, Seattle and NY, or is it a timeline of where you've lived?

I'm guessing it's a timeline, as you can see his first macbook pro is the older aluminum body version, whereas the one in his monaco picture is the updated unibody version.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Beautiful house, TC. Thanks for sharing the pics.

+1

NickM3

Reaction score

Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I'm guessing it's a timeline, as you can see his first macbook pro is the older aluminum body version, whereas the one in his monaco picture is the updated unibody version.

teacha.gif

Correct, sequence of apartments over the past 4 years. All rental apartments. I'm too restless to purchase a permanent residence, but I'd be pretty happy if I could afford a condo in all three.

Originally Posted by Jodum5
Monaco is gorgeous but the real estate situation is ridiculous. You could pay $20 million for a place and it'll still look like a dump (according to Christiesrealestate.com)

Yeah, Monaco real estate is outrageous. A penthouse sold for over $300m last year.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6a684...44feab49a.html

Most of the super wealthy residents are there for the zero percent income taxes. Once you step across the border to France the prices drop significantly. Rentals for tiny places in Monaco actually aren't terrible, less expensive than my New York apartment if you'll believe that.

henrikc

Reaction score
That's what ticked me off as well, seeing as the first one looks like a 12" PowerBook.

Other than that, how was living in Monaco?

NickM3

Reaction score
That's what ticked me off as well, seeing as the first one looks like a 12" PowerBook.

Other than that, how was living in Monaco?

Epic. It's a small town so despite the wealth, I found it has a relaxed unpretentious vibe. It's in a spectacular location and you've even got skiing less than an hour drive away during the winter. Like any small town it can get a bit dull, especially during the off season. You do get desensitized to all the yachts and Bugattis, you'll still want them, but you're not going to be turing your head every time one passes by.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NickM3
Epic. It's a small town so despite the wealth, I found it has a relaxed unpretentious vibe. It's in a spectacular location and you've even got skiing less than an hour drive away during the winter. Like any small town it can get a bit dull, especially during the off season. You do get desensitized to all the yachts and Bugattis, you'll still want them, but you're not going to be turing your head every time one passes by.

Do you drive an M3?

NickM3

Reaction score
Do you drive an M3?

I did. Going without a car now until I settle somewhere where it makes sense to own one.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NickM3
I did. Going without a car now until I settle somewhere where it makes sense to own one.

was it an e46 or e9x?

NickM3

Reaction score
was it an e46 or e9x?

Older, E36. Had it for a long time, I hate the depreciation on the newer cars. Will probably buy something really classic next time around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads