• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity: what's the reg. price (excl. VAT) for a single Tricker's MTO (non group buy pricing) from Shoehealer incl. MTO upcharge, using only standard materials listed on the website?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Out of curiosity: what's the reg. price (excl. VAT) for a single Tricker's MTO (non group buy pricing) from Shoehealer incl. MTO upcharge, using only standard materials listed on the website?

£495 i believe, this is the price from september last year.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 925
£495 i believe, this is the price from september last year.

Damn. £495 includes VAT though right? If so, then the upcharge/setup cost for MTO is approx. £170.

rkusmant

Reaction score
This is exactly my main reason starting this thread....

drz, yes the cap toe in black will be great, any takers?

Aquaphor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drz
I'm definitely signing in for this model! How about all black calf with navy calf or bugundy calf heel counter

sup rkusmant

I think that'll look pretty good too! But I'm leaning towards the color combo in the picture as browns will show more patina with wear, whereas black will just stay black.
smile.gif

rkusmant

Reaction score
LW shoes folks, 2 people are still missing the downpayment to confirm the group order, please do so ASAP, I don't want to let this order fell through.
Also for the Eaton second order, 3 people need to pay. I have several contacting me to be put on wait list. I'm not trying to rush you, but Shoehealer has other customers waiting in line for group order and for respect of those that has committed to this order.

For the LS shoes, to confirm that we'll use double leather soles, what kind of heel? dove tail/all leather?
They can have toe and heel tap that's flush with the sole. Let me know.

rkusmant

Reaction score
just did PM, as I requested that all of you that submitted the payment to send me PM/email with the notice and size you order, but only few of you do so. It's getting harder to keep track.
If you decide to not participate in the group order, please also update.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rkusmant, I am all paid up for the second round of Eaton orders. Let's get crackin' folks.
smile.gif
Counting the months until the boots come in. Thanks for all the hard work in arranging things, rkusmant. Well done.

rkusmant

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses folks.

Just to confirm on the LW specs:
Colour, Black scotch grain (all upper)
Lining, Red Calf Lining.
Double leather sole in a natural finish and a natural Barbour welt.
Fitting: 5 (medium)
Last: 81

So I assume you all want all leather heel, no toe/heel tap, no dove tail? If you think you want to make last minute change, speak up or I'll use what I have above.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
rkusmant: you might want to start a 3rd lot of Eatons. I might be down for one if I can scratch together the cash.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkusmant
Also for the Eaton second order, 3 people need to pay. I have several contacting me to be put on wait list. I'm not trying to rush you, but Shoehealer has other customers waiting in line for group order and for respect of those that has committed to this order.

facepalm.gif
Dude, just bump the 3 laggers off the list.

Imo, if someone adds their name to a list, they should be ready to pay the deposit as soon as required, i.e. don't add your name to a list hoping it'll take a few weeks to fill up so you can gather your funds.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
my understanding of the 81 last is that you would still size down one size from your regular shoe size (i.e. 1/2 size down from Barrie). the difference is that unlike the 4444, where you still have a little wiggle room after sizing down one full size, the 81 should fit snugger.
Here's what Richard at Shoe Healer just wrote me:
Please be aware that any advice I may give is in good faith but offers no guarantee of a perfect fit. Only by trying shoes on can you be sure. What I can tell you is that Tricker's consider Half a Size difference between UK and U.S. sizes. A regular U.S. 9 is considered a regular UK 8 1/2. It is also important that when you specify Half sizes, you write it as Tricker's do themselves in their shoes as 1/2. The 81 Last is considered a regular fitting so you should be good in a UK size 8 1/2 Sir.
I'm a US 9, so I'm going to order a UK 8 1/2 for the longwing. RKD, you may want to adjust your order as well. - K

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Here's what Richard at Shoe Healer just wrote me:

Please be aware that any advice I may give is in good faith but offers no guarantee of a perfect fit. Only by trying shoes on can you be sure.

What I can tell you is that Tricker's consider Half a Size difference between UK and U.S. sizes.
A regular U.S. 9 is considered a regular UK 8 1/2.

It is also important that when you specify Half sizes, you write it as Tricker's do themselves in their shoes as 1/2.

The 81 Last is considered a regular fitting so you should be good in a UK size 8 1/2 Sir.

I'm a US 9, so I'm going to order a UK 8 1/2 for the longwing. RKD, you may want to adjust your order as well.

- K

^ Good call, even if it goes against popular belief here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks,

We are waiting for one person to make his down payment on the longwing MTO (#2 on the original post of this thread). If you are that person, please make the payment ASAP to avoid the entire group order falling through. If you are not able to make the payment or no longer are interested in the MTO makeup, please PM rkusmant so he can get the next person on the list. No harm, no foul. Just don't leave the rest of the folks hanging.

We need to have the final payment in by this weekend to avoid losing out.

- K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics