• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octoberfile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
......On my way home after the storm. Picked up the sunglasses for cheap, do they make me look like a douche? Be honest. I have a feeling they do but I needed a pair.
IMG_20110601_182717.jpg

Spoilered for privacy purposes for all parties involved.
uhoh.gif

I apologize for the photo bombing, I haven't posted a fit in quite a while. Been all bottled up or something.
laugh.gif

Nothing douche about aviator sunglasses, unless you're wearing them indoors. The've been around since the 30's and they're classic. I prefer the buggier looking shades myself....provides better eye protection.

IMG_0256-1.jpg

IMG_0257-1.jpg

Octoberfile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes
Long time lurker in WAYWT. First time poaster so take it easy. Its not such a good picture, si ill take better ones next time. Suit is dark grey
Screenshot2011-06-02at122248AM.png

Screenshot2011-06-02at122309AM.png

The brightness and design of the tie aside, I think the double windsor is appropriate for the width of the english spread collar of your shirt. A smaller knot would be overwhelmed by the wide gap between the collar points.

I think the european style is a little underrepresented on this forum, and I believe you're one of the few I've seen on here that has pulled off a double windsor with a wide english spread collar pretty well. Also, your suit appears incredibly slimming, while still providing for a relatively relaxed fit, avoiding that dreaded sausage squeeze effect that occurs when attempting to achieve that slim-fit-tailored/Tom Ford look.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
The trousers cuffs make this happen...
really. never had the impression our friend is in the need of micromanaging, or so...

James77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Too much shoulder. The knot is too big for approval here. Pants too long, but you know that. Not a fan of the cut of this jacket, but that is a personal choice. You are a slim guy, I think a slimmer all around look would suit you better.

Mike

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hi James - A few things -

-As Mike said, way too much shoulder. Take some of that padding out or get a smaller size.
- Quarters could be opened a bit more
- Too many patterns (I can't believe its me saying this) but SC, tie, PS are all too much pattern. It could be OK to do all 3 in a pattern if they are really subtle, but all 3 of these are too much of a spotlight.
- Pants are too long, but you know that
- Tie knot is tremendous, try getting a better dimple and doing a FIH.
- Not enough contrast between pants and SC. Probably would have been better with a blue shirt too.

Your thoughts?

Thank you for the feedback, this is all a learning experience for me.

The easy things to fix seem to be no more double windsor knots and fewer patterns.

When you say there is too much shoulder, does that mean there is too much padding making my shoulders too square or that the shoulders are extending passed my natural shoulder too far? If it's the latter, how far should they extend?

What do you mean by opening up the quarters? This isactually an MTM SC that i had done about a year ago so it shouldn't be any trouble getting it altered. I think I will also have it taken a bit, I have lost weight since I had it made.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macaroni
Today:
suit: Sartoria Partenopea Napoli/ Balthazar MTM
shirt: DaVinci MTM
tie, PS: Sam Hober
shoes: C&J
IMG_9876copy.jpg

This is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads