• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
This is not the case. While the Grand Indigo (The Context one that is) is modelled after the Vintage 0701. The Grand Indigo from Blue Owl is from another batch, namely the Europe Label. Hence the Japan Blue printed waistband and the arc on the right backpocket (which is assumely not present or almost invisible, due to stitching colour).

I do not know if the denim is on par with the "real" *** lines Momo carries, but I doubt it wouldn't.

The only line Momotaro releases that's not European destined and carries arcs on the right backpocket is the Copper Label series. All other (Vintage, GTB and Gold) don't have arcs.

What you are stating here makes it sound as if the model we carry was made in Europe which is not the case. It is made by Momotaro in Kojoma and the denim is from their mill. The fit is the "tight straight" fit which is also the same fit as the "0701".

This denim is from the "Euro" series which Momotaro names as it was influenced by current denim trends in Europe. It does not indicate made in Europe. It is not the same denim as the Context collab, but the fabric carries the same name.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay-D
What you are stating here makes it sound as if the model we carry was made in Europe which is not the case. It is made by Momotaro in Kojoma and the denim is from their mill. The fit is the "tight straight" fit which is also the same fit as the "0701".

This denim is from the "Euro" series which Momotaro names as it was influenced by current denim trends in Europe. It does not indicate made in Europe. It is not the same denim as the Context collab, but the fabric carries the same name.

Sorry, didn't want to make it sound confusing. You're right about the Euro part being made in Kojima and being influenced by European trends. But I've never stated they were made in Europe as well.

By the way, the model you carry is the same regarding dimensions as my G007-MB (Copper Labels). Fit is same as the 0705-SP, it's much like the 0701 but not complety the same.

Or do you think that everything that is tight and straight or has a name like that is the same?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Sorry, didn't want to make it sound confusing. You're right about the Euro part being made in Kojima and being influenced by European trends. But I've never stated they were made in Europe as well.

By the way, the model you carry is the same regarding dimensions as my G007-MB (Copper Labels). Fit is same as the 0705-SP, it's much like the 0701 but not complety the same.

Or do you think that everything that is tight and straight or has a name like that is the same?

Momotaro has named that fit "tight straight". The fabrics of each model (Vintage , Copper, Going to Battle, etc.) will be slightly different so they will drape differently, shrink differently when soaked/washed, and stretch differently. For most part the fit is the same, but the measurements will not be identical between the different models.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THROWDOWN!
boxing[1].gif

Hkstyles

Reaction score
Anyone know when BIG restocks their jeans? Im a size 30 and im interested in the 0201s.

EDIT: speaking of sizes, I feel the need to make sure that my waist size will fit momotaro's jeans perfectly. on Levi's, I wear sz 30 and it fits perfectly well. Should I opt for a bigger size since I've heard that momotaro fits tighter? I'm not planning on soaking/washing if I do happen to purchase it as i'm a complete noob to this kind of stuff and I dont want to risk ruining my clothes! Perhaps I might in the future if I continue to roam around this forum and get helpful tips...

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
THROWDOWN!
boxing[1].gif

I'd rather call it a tie.

We both are right in terms of fit. It's just the way you look at it, a: the way Jay-D describes it, or b: if you look at the numbers.

@ HkStyles: Measure your waist, instead of going by tagged size.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was moreso referring to the back and forth of it, than to any actual "winner"

Boxing seemed the more appropriate emoticon than fencing.

reezy

Reaction score
Grand indigo looks so beautiful. Got too much denim though. Not enough love to give.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Uh, the 201's are raw/unsanforized, so you're gonna want to soak it in either cold or hot water to get the shrinkage out of the way. Otherwise your fades are gonna be in the wrong place after you do wash it for the first time. IDK where you're located, but it's a lot more helpful if you can find a local sponsor near you where you can try them on.

If your skinny/slim, you can get away with TTS. If you're average (15-25% BF), size up. If you suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect, you're gonna get the wrong size.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hkstyles
Anyone know when BIG restocks their jeans? Im a size 30 and im interested in the 0201s. EDIT: speaking of sizes, I feel the need to make sure that my waist size will fit momotaro's jeans perfectly. on Levi's, I wear sz 30 and it fits perfectly well. Should I opt for a bigger size since I've heard that momotaro fits tighter? I'm not planning on soaking/washing if I do happen to purchase it as i'm a complete noob to this kind of stuff and I dont want to risk ruining my clothes! Perhaps I might in the future if I continue to roam around this forum and get helpful tips...
I'm a 34 in Levis 501's but sized up to 36 in the Momotaro 705's. This was due to the upper thigh of the 705's being too tight. The rest of the jean fit well in the 34. The 705's are as Jay-D noted a tight straight fit where as the 201's appear to be give you more room in the thigh. I would probably go TTS in the 201's. I'm an average build not skinny/slim.

Hkstyles

Reaction score
I just measured my TTS waist and it's 27.5"... However I fit perfectly in a size 30 midrise levis. I'm thinking of buying the 0701 momo context collabs and theu have a size 30 in stock. Should I buy?

lxlfeng

Reaction score
I just measured my TTS waist and it's 27.5"... However I fit perfectly in a size 30 midrise levis. I'm thinking of buying the 0701 momo context collabs and theu have a size 30 in stock. Should I buy?

Measure your favourite pair of denims using the BiG method, and get the exact size for the context collabs. That was how i bought my pair, it fits perfect!
smile.gif

Hkstyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lxlfeng
Measure your favourite pair of denims using the BiG method, and get the exact size for the context collabs. That was how i bought my pair, it fits perfect!
smile.gif

Alright thanks, ill try that.

Nopike343

Reaction score
By TTS I mean get them in the same size as most of your jeans. sounds like your TTS is 30. Unlike the 201's the 701's are the slim cut, unless you have skinny thighs with no muscle I would probably recommend you size up one and get the 31's. The way I look at it is if they are slightly loose you can wear them. If they are too tight you will not enjoy wearing them at all. The 15.7 oz denim does not stretch much at all. Personally my Momo 705's won't get much wear until fall. That 15.7 oz denim is way too hot to wear much during the summer. If you want a nice slim cut jean that you can wear during the summer consider the Sugar Cane 1947 TYPE-2. They are a lightweight denim. You can get a good deal if you purchase them directly from Japan. Only problem is with returns. These fit great if you go TTS. http://en.item.rakuten.com/vari/sc-pt-sc42009/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics