• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
so since i now know you guys track ip addresses is there a way to find the source of this kind of spammer and destroy it, or you still have to kill it thread by thread member by member?

Well in that case we did spaminate the ip address. But a lot of these guys use proxies and have a different address for each spam account, so you just have to do it the old fashioned way.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Well in that case we did spaminate the ip address. But a lot of these guys use proxies and have a different address for each spam account, so you just have to do it the old fashioned way.

Out of curiosity, what's the country of origin for most of the spammers?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Out of curiosity, what's the country of origin for most of the spammers?

Probably a question for someone more spam-experienced than me. When I check IP addresses, it just gives the number, not the location or anything. But given the time that most spam happens, aka, middle of the night in America, I would assume Asia or Europe.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don Carlos is really beating the paleo diet trolling in Health and Body into the ground. DT everywhere time again?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Don Carlos is really beating the paleo diet trolling in Health and Body into the ground. DT everywhere time again?

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Can I point out that AB/DC is the javyn of...well, every other part of SF?

He's been warned before about DT-ifying every part of SF yet...he still does it... only trolls, ***** everything up and likes to jack himself off over it while doing nothing except make other **** absolutely ******* unreadable.

Look, whatever you guys do is perfect, infallible etc. Just pointing it out.

bigstar[1].gif

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Probably a question for someone more spam-experienced than me. When I check IP addresses, it just gives the number, not the location or anything. But given the time that most spam happens, aka, middle of the night in America, I would assume Asia or Europe.

Humans or bots? I can't imagine it's humans. Some are clearly the result of searching the archive and generating an almost reasonable sounding message. A real human would take too long to do all that searching. Hell most of the people asking questions don't do a fraction of the searching needed. But a real human would likely post a better post.

http://whois.domaintools.com/

That's a fairly simple way to relate IP numbers to the actual info

either/or

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
What happened to the 100 post minimum for CE?
I think I saw tapatalk mentioned as the culprit at some point? I just assumed it would be fixed.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
What happened to the 100 post minimum for CE?
Originally Posted by either/or
I think I saw tapatalk mentioned as the culprit at some point? I just assumed it would be fixed.
SWEET! I'm off to poast my skewed, myopic worldview! ...ignore the poastcount.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
something up with this guy. maybe just wants to get to B&S

fab100

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Yeah, he is awful.

i don't know. on a forum full of narcissistic, over-amped adolescents, we need someone to set the bar. the rest of us look like mr. rogers compared to him.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I would like to request that goon member voxsartoria be banned

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads