• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I can't classify this as a winter jacket though, it is lamb and pretty thin. It feels as soft and pliable as the blistered lamb. Plus being in SoCal, this seems like the perfect material for me.

Based on the last fit pic I posted, does it really look too tight? I do prefer it to be on the slimmer side.

Well diff people want different effects, especially when they buy a lot of similar items (say you and leathers+sneakers) so I don't want to be too prescriptive. However I personally avoid items so short and tight they make my hips look big, and I don't have much hips to begin with. Basically with the way it falls and how constrictive it is I don't find it too flattering with the type of pants you wear. I'd keep it if I wanted to wear high waisted/large pants like Yohji makes though, it would look great with that getup; with what I've seen of your style not so much.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Well diff people want different effects, especially when they buy a lot of similar items (say you and leathers+sneakers) so I don't want to be too prescriptive. However I personally avoid items so short and tight they make my hips look big, and I don't have much hips to begin with. Basically with the way it falls and how constrictive it is I don't find it too flattering with the type of pants you wear. I'd keep it if I wanted to wear high waisted/large pants like Yohji makes though, it would look great with that getup; with what I've seen of your style not so much.

I'll keep that in mind and it isn't the first time someone suggested slightly baggier pants.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
blistered intarsia just arrived; a little roomy but good for sweater weather i guess. as far as the stooges, i like mine roomy and i think it's best in oiled calf because it feels more like a true MC but whatever floats your boat.

gonna start archiving but the checklist now includes:

blistered black mid-collar intarsia
blistered over neoprene exploder high collar in black
grey intarsia moto in washed calf
high collar intarsia, hammered lamb in dust
white leather blazer from 06, washed calf
high collar exploder black in washed calf
high collar intarsia in black oiled calf
oiled calf stooges in black

probably time to stop.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
blistered intarsia just arrived; a little roomy but good for sweater weather i guess. as far as the stooges, i like mine roomy and i think it's best in oiled calf because it feels more like a true MC but whatever floats your boat. gonna start archiving but the checklist now includes: blistered black mid-collar intarsia blistered over neoprene exploder high collar in black grey intarsia moto in washed calf high collar intarsia, hammered lamb in dust white leather blazer from 06, washed calf high collar exploder black in washed calf high collar intarsia in black oiled calf oiled calf stooges in black probably time to stop.
True MC? Mens Clothing? Chances are I'll keep the stooges, I feel it fits well. Then it should stretch a bit more and I think it'll be alright. Kunk, you've handled this season lamb stooges, right? The thing is buttery soft, has RO made leathers like that before? Mos of the ones I see usually has some wash or distressing minus the oiled calf. This think is like oiled lamb or something, very soft but just not as thick. I thought you had more RO than that? I'll probably stop too since I am pretty happy with the stooges.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they've had the lamb before but for some reason the stooges always seems very smooth. mc=motorcycle jacket

I had a mollino a safari and a globa but sold them all. no earthly reason for more than 4-5 really. 8 is enough like dick van patten said

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm at that number of ROs leather too but I have other leathers.

I thought you have a CCP on order?

ZHwLH.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, i don't think that looks that good RFX. Love the jacket, but it's not a great looking going on. It's so short/tight and small in the shoulders that it's off putting in the pics to me. The other pic you posted looks a bit better at least. I don't think that jacket looks as good tight as the instartia or whatever that other one is. Have you tried on a size up before and found it too big? I guess most jackets and sometimes seasons differ in sizing so probably hard to make a rule about it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couldn't really find it in a small. It's the first size that sold out in the MrPorter sale too.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah does not fit too hot dude. it happens i tried to make my bauhaus fit

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess I'm not done buying yet.
frown.gif
I'll wear the crap out of this until a size small surfaces since I can't return this anymore. Too bad too since I actually find the sleeves length on this to be just right.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
looks fine, plus it will stretch and mold to his body since its lamb.
what is the p2p measurement on the jacket? how much do you expect the jacket to stretch? will it stretch horizontally as well as vertically? does only lamb stretch, what about calf or any other type of leather?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
what is the p2p measurement on the jacket? how much do you expect the jacket to stretch? will it stretch horizontally as well as vertically? does only lamb stretch, what about calf or any other type of leather?

p2p is around 18"-18.5". It'll stretch where there are more stress or pulling so likely in the sleeves and shoulders. And chest if I wear it zipped up. Lamb is more prone to stretching since it is thinner and more pliable. I don't think it'l stretch much, maybe by .5"-1" the most.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally like it. Looks perfect open and maybe a bit tight in areas closed but should mold to your body over time. I personally think roomy leather jackets look bad.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
RFX that jacket is a size small. Look at where the shoulder seam ends and where your shoulder ends. That should be enough to convince you that it's too small.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do any of the mason martin marigela leather jackets ever go on sale anywhere?
i am debating between one of those full zip ones or a belstaff brad jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads