• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

Details
a27c51cb.jpg

Clean. Neat. Interesting. Snazeeee.
The shirt/tie combination is arresting.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meeting today with a gatekeeper to the successful acquisition of software for my lab...
5787647851_59ae4eaa8c_z.jpg
5788204200_b261a74033_z.jpg

It's amazing how much you can get done when you cut out email and middle men and go straight to the source, tell them you're doing everything yourself, and that all you need are a few tarballs. By the end of the day tomorrow I should have my very own cluster up and running for some serious mathematical number crunching. It's also amazing that my cuffs aren't showing. I started working out again recently and it means that my arms are actually shorter. My shoulders are once again strong enough to hold them in the correct place, which will reduce my level of shoulder problems. Today's tie is courtesy of the awesome GShen. I can attest that it is wonderful and light, and will work very well as a summer tie for Texas:
5788203686_1c1e78a980_z.jpg

Unfortunately, the fit did not last the day. I had to make a few too many treks through Texas' version of Hell called early summer, and this is how things are rounding out right now - just before I pack up to head home:
5788234610_d3ac50edb1_z.jpg

Cheers all. Hope ya'll have had a good day.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@ Cayman: in the interest of full disclosure I'm not much of a fan of the extreme cutaway collar. That may be your signature look, but paired with that tie knot it looks all wrong to me. I do concur with your assessment of PTW's pic today. Perhaps because it's towards the sober end of his personal spectrum but a nice look all the same and great fitting jacket across the shoulders.

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
@ Cayman: in the interest of full disclosure I'm not much of a fan of the extreme cutaway collar. That may be your signature look, but paired with that tie knot it looks all wrong to me. I do concur with your assessment of PTW's pic today. Perhaps because it's towards the sober end of his personal spectrum but a nice look all the same and great fitting jacket across the shoulders.

I must say, I appreciate the gentlemanly nature of your reply! Civility...amazing. Non-existent in a few threads around here, sadly.

James77

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at WAYWRN. I have been reading and learning from the forums for a long time but this is my first opportunity to post. That being said, a critique would be welcome. What worked, what didn't and what could use improvement. I realise that the trousers are much, much too long but didn't have a chance to get them hemmed. Here are the pics.
5787875489_cbb323b1a4_z.jpg
5788430832_55f6c3233d_z.jpg
5788432254_cc3f49f071_z.jpg

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS
I must say, I appreciate the gentlemanly nature of your reply! Civility...amazing. Non-existent in a few threads around here, sadly.

biggrin.gif
I got told to **** off a couple of weeks ago as I made a critical comment but it seems I'm not supposed to do that as I don't pictures! And I was only agreeing with another posters comments! Then I got accused of really being an incognito woman, by a bloke who makes reference to his husband! You couldn't make it up.

Still, you've gotta love SF - just as long as you don't have a thin skin.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James77
This is my first attempt at WAYWRN. I have been reading and learning from the forums for a long time but this is my first opportunity to post.

That being said, a critique would be welcome. What worked, what didn't and what could use improvement. I realise that the trousers are much, much too long but didn't have a chance to get them hemmed.

Here are the pics.

5788430832_55f6c3233d_z.jpg

5788432254_cc3f49f071_z.jpg

Too much shoulder. The knot is too big for approval here. Pants too long, but you know that. Not a fan of the cut of this jacket, but that is a personal choice. You are a slim guy, I think a slimmer all around look would suit you better.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks my dudes. For those who PM'd and asked :

SC : Rubinacci
Shirt : Barba
Tie : Tom Ford
PS : Tom Ford
Pants : Panta
Shoes : G&G for RLPL
Bracelet : Wifey
smile.gif

This is my first attempt at WAYWRN. I have been reading and learning from the forums for a long time but this is my first opportunity to post.

That being said, a critique would be welcome. What worked, what didn't and what could use improvement. I realise that the trousers are much, much too long but didn't have a chance to get them hemmed.

Hi James - A few things -

-As Mike said, way too much shoulder. Take some of that padding out or get a smaller size.
- Quarters could be opened a bit more
- Too many patterns (I can't believe its me saying this) but SC, tie, PS are all too much pattern. It could be OK to do all 3 in a pattern if they are really subtle, but all 3 of these are too much of a spotlight.
- Pants are too long, but you know that
- Tie knot is tremendous, try getting a better dimple and doing a FIH.
- Not enough contrast between pants and SC. Probably would have been better with a blue shirt too.

Your thoughts?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't posted a fit in a while, but figured that you'd enjoy a San Francisco "summer" look.

FirstOJune1.jpg

Details below the fold...

FirstOJune3.jpg

FirstOJune2.jpg

and a Spoo-inspired mise en place:

FirstOJune4.jpg

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaymanS

When you keep posting these collars, do you expect praise? I'm genuinely curious. Probably half of this forum has told you that they are ugly...

Here's a fit from two weeks ago or so, forgot to post the pictures. Looking back, pants are the WRONG choice but alas.. Also not sure why my sleeves were riding up, might have been because I was wearing cufflinks, in action the perfect amount of cuff shows. Links not pictured because they're el cheapo plain silver ones, and collection is still in its infant stage.
100_1090.JPG
100_1091.JPG

And today. Damn I wear these trousers alot.
confused.gif
I see some Panta's in my crystal ball....
100_1098.JPG
100_1102.JPG

^Those are my beater shoes, I wore them because there was a weather warning today. A tornado ended up wrecking a pretty good amount of the city I work in earlier today (Springfield, MA) so I didn't want to risk wearing one of my better pairs out. I was home by the time it hit, thankfully, and my parents are alright (mom works in springfield, dad stays there), double thankfully. I haven't been able to get in contact with either of my work places, though. Hoping everything is fine and I'm worried for nothing.
confused.gif

On my way home after the storm. Picked up the sunglasses for cheap, do they make me look like a douche? Be honest. I have a feeling they do but I needed a pair.
IMG_20110601_182717.jpg

Spoilered for privacy purposes for all parties involved.
uhoh.gif

I apologize for the photo bombing, I haven't posted a fit in quite a while. Been all bottled up or something.
laugh.gif

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are the pics.

Love the tie, hate the knot. I'd take up the hem of the pants a bit too. Even if you like break, that's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads