• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawlercon

Reaction score
florida sucks on a major level. it's hot as balls here right now and it's only getting worse. avoid it at all costs.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys going on about Florida, looks fantastic to me:
urban-sprawl-in-united-states-eden-prairie-aerial-florida.jpg
And a peak inside each garage shows environmental awareness:
17%20Golf%20Cart%20Garage.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Come on, guys. Florida death metal and hardcore!

But yeah overall Florida sucks.

chug chug, chug chug

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Misquamicut?

Originally Posted by mike868y
sÃ.
Oh ****. Went there tons of times as a kid. My favorite spot is Watch Hill, especially out on the point. There was an old Civil War fort out on the end, so you can usually find cool stuff on the beach. I grew up about 10 miles from there...

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haaaaterrrzzzzz
laugh.gif
For real though, the heat is one of the my favorite things about FL, forget winters and snow. I think some of you are making assumptions on FL saying it 'sucks' with only being to one or two cities. Definitely not representative of the whole state. There's some aspects I don't like about FL such as how a lot of people aren't very 'progressive' with their thinking, but overall I enjoy the people I meet. Not so much for their ideas but their genuine honesty and niceness. I can't say the same for the majority of people I've met from up north.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive lived in Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Boca Raton and most of them suck with the exception of Boca and Miami. Its more of a cultural wasteland the more north you go, and the opposite the more south.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't referring directly to you. Why didn't you like Orlando? Sure it's based around tourism but there's certain parts of the city that are VERY nice and there's A LOT of stuff to do there.

Definitely agree with Tampa though.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
holy **** dream life, would kill for an allagash right now. **** this warehouse, NO AC.

Haha well after the vacation is up I might be living in a warehouse again. and yeah no AC. And it's in ******* Baltimore.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Haha well after the vacation is up I might be living in a warehouse again. and yeah no AC. And it's in ******* Baltimore.

I think I'm going to be living in baltimore next summer (taking a class, doing an internship). not looking forward to it.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just work in a warehouse, **** living in one. That is some crust punk lifestyle steez.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
I wasn't referring directly to you. Why didn't you like Orlando? Sure it's based around tourism but there's certain parts of the city that are VERY nice and there's A LOT of stuff to do there.

Definitely agree with Tampa though.

seems like a tourist playground just to visit, but not live.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Well, I just work in a warehouse, **** living in one. That is some crust punk lifestyle steez.

Tell me about it. I sort of became an accidental crusty. The space is a legit bombed out warehouse that can only be legally rented as art studios.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
^ AA tanks are def the best budget option. you have a relatively athletic build right? Drape shouldnt be a problem.

Anybody tried the UO tees? They're cheap and some sort of tri-blend, and they look decent on the web site. Not sure whether that translates to being decent IRL.

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
the gf parental gravy train is the best gravy train.

Particularly when that gravy train stocks decent beer.

Allagash White (I assume it's the white, since that seems to be their most popular) isn't my favorite, and witbier isn't my favorite style, but it sure beats the hell out of whatever you'd expect someone's dad would buy (probably Shock Top, Blue Moon at best).

I just tried Bell's Oarsman this weekend (which is more of a weissbier) and was very impressed. It's mildly tart (not like a gueuze or anything), which makes it refreshing, and it's low enough in alcohol (4 - 4.5%, I think) that it's not going to make you horrifically dehydrated in hot weather.

brokejew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash
Haaaaterrrzzzzz
laugh.gif

For real though, the heat is one of the my favorite things about FL, forget winters and snow. I think some of you are making assumptions on FL saying it 'sucks' with only being to one or two cities. Definitely not representative of the whole state.

There's some aspects I don't like about FL such as how a lot of people aren't very 'progressive' with their thinking, but overall I enjoy the people I meet. Not so much for their ideas but their genuine honesty and niceness. I can't say the same for the majority of people I've met from up north.

+1
**** all this FL hate, just go watch the Finals and stop projecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics