• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor Who

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Holy ****. Just finished season 3. I won't post spoilers in here because i hope others see this thread and start from the beginning (of the rebooted series that is). **** though. Season 3 was insane. Season 1 and 2 had a few throwaways in there but season 3 started gaining speed and was awesome. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Once i'm caught up to the current season i'll start Torchwood and Firefly (yea, yea. i haven't seen it but wanted to for awhile and just noticed it was on netflix instant watch)

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup just finished the 2nd part of the Rebel Flesh episode 30minutes ago.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Do you know why the one Flesh girl turned into the dog monster thing? They didn't really explain that.
I think
I like blackhood's explanation better

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Do you know why the one Flesh girl turned into the dog monster thing? They didn't really explain that.

Because she absorbed the dead-flesh in the crypt. Because it was sentient and alive, it simply took a form the accommodated all the extra. In this case extended arms and legs, leading to a hunched posture.

imschatz

Reaction score
Season six has definitely stepped up the creep meter. Supremely creepy monsters, and even the Doctor is a little creepier then normal. Very awesome season thus far.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
ugh. this ******* old ugly redhead with bad bangs is ruining season 4 for me so far. She's so goddamn annoying and unlikeable
I KNOW! There is a facebook fan page for her with a bunch of people upset they got rid of her .. I say good ******* riddance. If season 5 didn't start right after I finished Season 4, and Matt Smith wasn't such a badass, that might have been the end for me.

SD1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
Season six has definitely stepped up the creep meter. Supremely creepy monsters, and even the Doctor is a little creepier then normal. Very awesome season thus far.

I also noticed this 'creepy' undercurrent that is beneath each episode. My 8 YO daughter loves the show but has been getting scared more than usual at the new episodes. She did enjoy the Priate/Mermaid-thing ep.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Because she absorbed the dead-flesh in the crypt. Because it was sentient and alive, it simply took a form the accommodated all the extra. In this case extended arms and legs, leading to a hunched posture.
Yeah, but they didn't show her absorbing it. Just trying to get it to go to sleep. I just thought it odd when all of a sudden she's turning into a Resident Evil monster.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
I KNOW! There is a facebook fan page for her with a bunch of people upset they got rid of her .. I say good ******* riddance. If season 5 didn't start right after I finished Season 4, and Matt Smith wasn't such a badass, that might have been the end for me.

Yea, i know she's famous/successful in her own right but the show doesn't need a companion like that imo

Holy ****. I'm caught up now and this season is nuts. I just downloaded and watched Almost People since the BBC USA decided to delay the airings a week because of memorial day (even though it was supposed to air saturday). **** waiting an extra week. After this coming saturday's episode there is a 3 month long wait till September to see the 2nd part. It's gonna be painful.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Having no experience with Dr Who, I took a chance and watched the latest/last season of the show this past weekend. LOVED it. Can't wait for the next season to start. Heard good things about the previous Doctor's run and might give it a shot at some point too. It's all up on Netflix streaming.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Having no experience with Dr Who, I took a chance and watched the latest/last season of the show this past weekend. LOVED it. Can't wait for the next season to start.

Heard good things about the previous Doctor's run and might give it a shot at some point too. It's all up on Netflix streaming.

It's worth it to just start with the start of the reboot with eccelston and go from there

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads