• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

does whey protein actually help?

Oasis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I drink whey plus a bunch of other stuff blended up when I'm not hungry, but need to eat. Drinking calories is easier than eating whole food when you do not have an appetite.

Definately. Whey protein + Oats + Natural PB = drinkable meal.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, If I'm trying to cut out belly fat should I stay away from Whey Protein?

I'd be considered skinny-fat--

Cheers

Oasis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
Quick question, If I'm trying to cut out belly fat should I stay away from Whey Protein?

Cheers

ffffuuuu.gif

Bash!

Reaction score
If you're not gaining fast enough up your calories. They always say to consume atleast 1-2 grams of protein per pound you weigh. This is where whey protein comes into play (can be expensive and tiring to eat all that protein). It's not juice so it's not going to miraculously build muscle quickly.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Cheers

Quite the opposite. Bump up your shakes. It's a good way to get lots of protein without tagalong carbs. Cut down your carbs instead.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oasis
Definately. Whey protein + Oats + Natural PB = drinkable meal.

I love these when I'm bulking. First I turn the oats into a powder in the blender, add 1 cup of milk, ON double chocolate whey, skippy chunky natural PB. 20 seconds in the blender and
drool.gif

Oasis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I love these when I'm bulking. First I turn the oats into a powder in the blender, add 1 cup of milk, ON double chocolate whey, skippy chunky natural PB. 20 seconds in the blender and
drool.gif

Basically exactly the same minus the milk lol, I use water..
blush.gif

gremlyn

Reaction score
I would say exactly what fuji said but with a little extra. Eat the whey protein in the morning as it will be absorbed the quickest then. Other than that, you shouldn't have any complications.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Make sure you cut all wheat gluten out of your diet or the whey protein will not be absorbed properly

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omar1223
i have been working out hard for the past 6ish weeks and i make a protein shake in the morning after my workout and one at night right before bed. i also eat about 4 to 5 solid meals, each of them with some form of protein.

i have gained 15 pounds and lots of people at my school have said i look bigger and stronger. i also feel stronger.

You didn't say that you are stronger...

rburgundy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Make sure you cut all wheat gluten out of your diet or the whey protein will not be absorbed properly
Do you have a citation for this? Just curious. Also I know this is an old thread, but a scoop of whey is only around 120 cals. Not exactly going to make you gain a lot of weight (unless you bloat and retain water...)

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gremlyn
I would say exactly what fuji said but with a little extra. Eat the whey protein in the morning as it will be absorbed the quickest then. Other than that, you shouldn't have any complications.

strong bump.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I gained weight from consuming whey

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

You disagree? Do you eat it, the wheat gluten?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads