• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
DHL shipping drives me crazy. There is no anticipated delivery time, but you have to sign for packages. WTF? Some of us don't have the time nor inclination to sit around all day, even if we are waiting for a a sweet Number (N)ine belt.

You should post a picture of all your belts like RFX and his leathers + shoes.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
No purchases for June.
I have been so weak this past month!

I think May was the first month in a reaaaally long time that I didn't buy anything.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
DHL shipping drives me crazy. There is no anticipated delivery time, but you have to sign for packages. WTF? Some of us don't have the time nor inclination to sit around all day, even if we are waiting for a a sweet Number (N)ine belt.

Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
I had a package delivered by DHL a couple months ago. It was a horrible ordeal.

******* ay they're terrible.

Email them asking why they overcharged me customs, they email back with a literal copy paste from the customs website.

email back twice saying that i can go to the customs website myself, and that they clearly cant do maths. No reply.

******* idiots.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^did they give you the $200 customs bill you mentioned once?
ffffuuuu.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha yup, it was closer to $300 for my trickers.

they overcharged me though. the total price in NZD was 800, but they add shipping to the total price when calculating GST. however, shipping was inclusive in the total price. they then calculated GST and somehow came out with $200 (GST is 15% here so wtf?). the other $100 was customs fees and their own brokerage fee on top of that (despite the fact they already charge like $60 for shipping in the first place).

Even if the total price was 1000, GST would've been 150 so i don't get how they charged me 300.

never using them again.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
that sucks man!
cold[1].gif

i keep hearing these horror stories with customs yet the only time I got a bill was for a pair of shoes from studiohomme, out of maybe 50-70 international packages received in the last 8 months ... must be lucky on my part

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I once got a $200 customs bill in the mail for my navy patent astros from oki-ni in 08.

I used it to light my cigar.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
that sucks man!
cold[1].gif

i keep hearing these horror stories with customs yet the only time I got a bill was for a pair of shoes from studiohomme, out of maybe 50-70 international packages received in the last 8 months ... must be lucky on my part

Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
**** that hendrix!

yeah, never had any bill with USPS or Fedex. Definitely not using DHL again.

I don't have a problem with tax. I don't even have a problem with customs fees.

I do have a problem with brokerage fees when you've already paid a large sum for shipping. And idiots who can't do maths. and people who think a copy and paste from the customs site is a suitable reply.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Had some bad experiences with customs, I have since not ordered anything overseas, problem solved. There are some good US based sites popping up anyways.

Also how can you gloomy F***ers hate summer? Can't hide behind a shield of sweaters/jackets all year. Of course I only enjoy winter exactly 1 week of the year. 98 degrees today and loved it

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I live in a shithole called NYC where the streets are gold with homeless urine and filled with scumbag ******* tourists.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Because I live in a shithole called NYC where the streets are gold with homeless urine and filled with scumbag ******* tourists.

You sir, need this **** in your life

990201488_346.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
see, if that was my life I'd probably not care about anything. I'd live in a white tee and our legacy shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics