• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
This dude: http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=84549

Is on a tear buping several year old FS threaks. FYI....

curiously who does this? i mean this one has been a member for almost a year. banned members getting out their angst? stupid kids? what is the point, they arent even trying to sell something like a decent spammer. i just dont get it. whatever. /rant
confused.gif

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Just a question, but why have you guys decided to keep full time trolls on as members? I know I don't understand how moderating these sites works, but some of them are really annoying and add absolutely nothing at all.
+ lots.

There is a striking correlation between people who genuinely contribute to the forum and people who are annoyed and targeted by trolls. A similar correlation holds for people who prefer to tolerate or even indulge trolls and people whose contribution to the forum is negligible or even negative.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We try to tolerate all sorts on the forum. If someone is disruptive enough, and/or obviously has malicious intent, then we are more likely to deepsix them. On the other hand, we've never tossed people just because they are annoying.

If you are talking about CE, trust me, j and I would love to close it down completely. Same goes with DT. And if DT denizens let it seep into the rest of the forum too much, we will. The did fine without DT for years, and it can do fine without it again. Be warned.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I self bump my FS Other thread (in sig) when I add new CDs to the Amazon sale?

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
We try to tolerate all sorts on the forum. If someone is disruptive enough, and/or obviously has malicious intent, then we are more likely to deepsix them. On the other hand, we've never tossed people just because they are annoying.

If you are talking about CE, trust me, j and I would love to close it down completely. Same goes with DT. And if DT denizens let it seep into the rest of the forum too much, we will. The did fine without DT for years, and it can do fine without it again. Be warned.

But CE helps to keep some valuable contributors such as iammatt engaged in the community whose involvement would be minimal otherwise. Surely there is a middle ground between shutting CE down and letting it get overrun by dumbfucks.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
But CE helps to keep some valuable contributors such as iammatt engaged in the community whose involvement would be minimal otherwise. Surely there is a middle ground between shutting CE down and letting it get overrun by dumbfucks.

Valuable Contributor Iammatt would stick around just for me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Onix made this incredible site for MC B&S - Can it please be stickied? If not, there are several of us who will contribute to make it so - but the guy basically created a website specifically to make buying on B&S easier. Insane.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads