• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaia Argento Model

rsuhandy

Reaction score
Does anyone miss this model...which is a variation on the base S....?

rsuhandy

Reaction score
LoL...but what about the suit...they don't make em anymore
and I really liked them especially as summer suits....

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Without fail, I read that as Asia Argento. Every. Time.
Same here..anyway..
6700118_092abdde9e.jpg

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it's a model for the European market with very light padding in the shoulders. There are a few threads on them floating about...

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
If I remember correctly, it's a model for the European market with very light padding in the shoulders. There are a few threads on them floating about...

Apperantly you don't remember correctly.

Argento line is specially made for outlet stores.
Such as Saks Off Fifth, Gilt, Sierra Trading Post and other outlet retailers.

They use cheaper fabric than non-aegento line, cheaper materials and less handworks.

rsuhandy

Reaction score
I don't disagree that they were made for the outlets...
but I have Argento models and mainline models...I don't see any difference in quality...
Can anyone else chime in on the quality of argento suits...?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rsuhandy
I don't disagree that they were made for the outlets...
but I have Argento models and mainline models...I don't see any difference in quality...
Can anyone else chime in on the quality of argento suits...?

I know that too, because when i had both model i couldn't feel any difference.
But, if you see the inside tag, my Argento line had 100's wool while my non-argento line had 140's. It could just mean the fabric weight but it could mean fabric quality.

rsuhandy

Reaction score
Ah Ic where you're coming from now...but for added insight my argento model is made
with super 130's which is why I was surprised when you said that they were made of cheaper
materials...I just wish isaia kept the model around...fits me better than any other isaia model...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stu00a
Apperantly you don't remember correctly.

Argento line is specially made for outlet stores.
Such as Saks Off Fifth, Gilt, Sierra Trading Post and other outlet retailers.

They use cheaper fabric than non-aegento line, cheaper materials and less handworks.

I have not bought isaiain years but I have an Argento jacket that purchased at Barneys so this Argento for the outlets thing may be a newer occurrence but was not always the case and I can say with a lot of certainty that it is not a cheaper make.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I have not bought isaiain years but I have an Argento jacket that purchased at Barneys so this Argento for the outlets thing may be a newer occurrence but was not always the case and I can say with a lot of certainty that it is not a cheaper make.
He's 100% incorrect. The make/construction is the same. As we all know, the supers number on fabric is not a reliable indicator of overall garment quality, and regardless can vary significantly within a line of clothing constructed similarly. I believe the consensus was that some of these Argento items were made of end bolts of discontinued fabrics, and though are often found in outlets, are not exclusively made for discount channels. It's certainly not a diffusion label. Also, "Argento" has nothing to do with the fit, or the "Base" (which is Isaia's term for silhouette). As in, you can have a Base S Isaia Argento and a Base S Isaia...or Base V, Musa, Gregory, Dustin etc., each of which is a different silhouette. One will just say "Argento" on the red label.

rsuhandy

Reaction score
So is the only difference between an argento and a non-argento the unlined pants...
or does that vary as well?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads