• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Very good choices.

Thanks so much willpower! Here are my thoughts on these fragrances.

Amouage Dia Man - 6.5
Montale Black Aoud - 8.5
Amouage Jubilation XXV - 2
Avignon - 4
Timbuktu - 6
Dzongkha - 7
Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5
Santal Noble - 5
Blenheim Bouquet - 6
Hammam Bouquet - 5

I was not impressed by the Amouage fragrances, Jubilation XXV appeared very synthetic and strong. Hammam Bouquet appeared suitable for an old well dressed aristocratic lady but nowhere near a go to scent for my age and dressing style.
Avignon reminded me of the room where they keep dead bodies to be used for dissection by medical students, it is good as the name suggests to be used as an incense if you have a study room filled with antiques and old books (Labelking comes to mind).
Rose 31 was very clean and pure as if it was made for virgin girls and appeared most easy to make your everyday fragrance but at the same time it smelled like a mass produced fragrance so I will pass on it for the time being.
Dzongkha was really good (much better than my expectation) but for my signature fragrance I would go with Montale Black Aoud, Black Aoud didn't appear that dark and strong as I had anticipated but that's a good thing, it is just right to bring the missing elements in my personality and keep me content for some time.

I am far from a fragrance expert and look forward to hearing your feedback on my reviews.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito

Amouage Dia Man - 6.5
Montale Black Aoud - 8.5
Avignon - 4
Timbuktu - 6
Dzongkha - 7
Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5
Santal Noble - 5
Blenheim Bouquet - 6
Hammam Bouquet - 5

I was not impressed by the Amouage fragrances, Jubilation XXV appeared very synthetic and strong. Hammam Bouquet appeared suitable for an old well dressed aristocratic lady but nowhere near a go to scent for my age and dressing style.
Avignon reminded me of the room where they keep dead bodies to be used for dissection by medical students, it is good as the name suggests to be used as an incense if you have a study room filled with antiques and old books (Labelking comes to mind).
Rose 31 was very clean and pure as if it was made for virgin girls and appeared most easy to make your everyday fragrance but at the same time it smelled like a mass produced fragrance so I will pass on it for the time being.
Dzongkha was really good (much better than my expectation) but for my signature fragrance I would go with Montale Black Aoud, Black Aoud didn't appear that dark and strong as I had anticipated but that's a good thing, it is just right to bring the missing elements in my personality and keep me content for some time.

I am far from a fragrance expert and look forward to hearing your feedback on my reviews.

How did you feel about Blenheim Bouquet?

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
How did you feel about Blenheim Bouquet?

Penhaligons fragrances including Blenheim Bouquet are really well made but I think they are only suitable for a very small niche group of people (.1% of the general population), I had read a lot about Blenheim Bouquet and Hammam Bouquet being aristocratic fragrances and I am happy that I did not do a blind buy for them because if a normal guy like me would have worn Blenheim Bouquet thinking of appearing/smelling like an aristocrat, it would appear to others that I was not wearing a fragrance at all as these fragrances are quite subtle. I believe these fragrances need the right age, attitude, money, contacts and the right places to get the best out of them.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks so much willpower! Here are my thoughts on these fragrances. Amouage Dia Man - 6.5 Montale Black Aoud - 8.5 Amouage Jubilation XXV - 2 Avignon - 4 Timbuktu - 6 Dzongkha - 7 Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5 Santal Noble - 5 Blenheim Bouquet - 6 Hammam Bouquet - 5 I was not impressed by the Amouage fragrances, Jubilation XXV appeared very synthetic and strong. Hammam Bouquet appeared suitable for an old well dressed aristocratic lady but nowhere near a go to scent for my age and dressing style. Avignon reminded me of the room where they keep dead bodies to be used for dissection by medical students, it is good as the name suggests to be used as an incense if you have a study room filled with antiques and old books (Labelking comes to mind). Rose 31 was very clean and pure as if it was made for virgin girls and appeared most easy to make your everyday fragrance but at the same time it smelled like a mass produced fragrance so I will pass on it for the time being. Dzongkha was really good (much better than my expectation) but for my signature fragrance I would go with Montale Black Aoud, Black Aoud didn't appear that dark and strong as I had anticipated but that's a good thing, it is just right to bring the missing elements in my personality and keep me content for some time. I am far from a fragrance expert and look forward to hearing your feedback on my reviews.
Did you try any of them on your skin? I thought you just got the box the other day.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Did you try any of them on your skin? I thought you just got the box the other day.

I tried most of them on my skin, I have a slightly high normal body temperature so most perfumes don't last long on my skin. I didn't try Jubilation & Santal Noble on my skin though.
Both Penhaligons and Amouage Dia Man had the least longevity.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amouage also seems to be overrated. These Arabs seem to get high on their Frankincense blends (I think Frankincense in oil form smells pretty funky) some smell very feminine combined with their floral/rose preferences. I do would like to sample their Homage and Tribute.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I tried most of them on my skin, I have a slightly high normal body temperature so most perfumes don't last long on my skin. I didn't try Jubilation & Santal Noble on my skin though. Both Penhaligons and Amouage Dia Man had the least longevity.
Hmm. Not much of a surprise then that you like Black Aoud and Dzonghka the best as those are probably two of the most potent that I know. I hate all the Penhaligons with a passion so that's not a surprise to me. Nor did I have much luck with any of the Amouage's. XXV had an interesting scent but ****** longevity. If longevity is an issue I'd probably stay away from the Creeds. L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, Bond (their synthetics are pretty potent, if not the best smelling), Hermes and Chanel EdP's, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment might be worth delving into. The Perfumed Court is having good coupons on high dollar orders this month so it might be a good time to get some **** from them.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shame you didn't enjoy the xxv. It's my favorite cologne as of now. But as Rambo pointed out, it has TERRRRRRRIBLE longevity.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah. i dont know if this is just me, but its projection isnt as great in the summer heat.
frown.gif

Sesame Seed

Reaction score

Amouage Dia Man - 6.5
Montale Black Aoud - 8.5
Avignon - 4
Timbuktu - 6
Dzongkha - 7
Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5
Santal Noble - 5
Blenheim Bouquet - 6
Hammam Bouquet - 5

You have to wear them on your skin, and IMO you have to spray them. That's the main reason why I don't go for .7ml LS samples.

Hmm. Not much of a surprise then that you like Black Aoud and Dzonghka the best as those are probably two of the most potent that I know. I hate all the Penhaligons with a passion so that's not a surprise to me. Nor did I have much luck with any of the Amouage's. XXV had an interesting scent but ****** longevity.

If longevity is an issue I'd probably stay away from the Creeds. L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, Bond (their synthetics are pretty potent, if not the best smelling), Hermes and Chanel EdP's, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment might be worth delving into.

The Perfumed Court is having good coupons on high dollar orders this month so it might be a good time to get some **** from them.

Do they send these vouchers out to you? They're not the ones where your order has to equal exactly $70? You'd need to be Archimedes to achieve that. They make it out like their system is better than throwing in an extra sample in your order (in case you don't care for it), but I think the extra sample would suit more people. They should give you the option. Also, their new sample spray vials don't withstand heat. I also have there older spray vials (sans cap). They do a better job of preserving the juice. You're unable to smell the fragrance through the atomiser, though.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a sample of Gucci Guilty pour homme in the mailbox today. Totally synthetic crap.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Hmm. Not much of a surprise then that you like Black Aoud and Dzonghka the best as those are probably two of the most potent that I know. I hate all the Penhaligons with a passion so that's not a surprise to me. Nor did I have much luck with any of the Amouage's. XXV had an interesting scent but ****** longevity.

If longevity is an issue I'd probably stay away from the Creeds. L'Artisan, Frederic Malle, Bond (their synthetics are pretty potent, if not the best smelling), Hermes and Chanel EdP's, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment might be worth delving into.

The Perfumed Court is having good coupons on high dollar orders this month so it might be a good time to get some **** from them.

Dzongkha also reminded me of my recent purchase, Gucci Pour Homme.

Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Shame you didn't enjoy the xxv. It's my favorite cologne as of now. But as Rambo pointed out, it has TERRRRRRRIBLE longevity.

Since I was a kid I have seen my Grandma use perfumes with frankincense, they are intriguing in the beginning but once you have smelt them for some time then you start hating them with a passion, much like new club music that is enjoyable only for the first few times you listen to it.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Yep. Spray it on before you **** and its gone by the time you're done. Even if you're a speed ******.

Originally Posted by GreenFrog
yeah. i dont know if this is just me, but its projection isnt as great in the summer heat.
frown.gif

I don't have these problems with its longevity. In fact, I can still smell it in the shower the next day. Projection is pretty weak. It's a fairly close skin scent. I just find the scent boring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads