• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Apparel Wholesale Prices

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
It's not worth grapist, mayo's, and chim's time to make $1.50 per shirt when they have all the stuff too worry about. Paypal fees are a ***** too. Everyone here knows we're not getting these shirts for the exact wholesale price. We're getting them pretty much half off of what AA charges in store. Some people are doing a favor to others here, and you for some reason have a problem. I don't think anyone feels lied too. We all know it's not "wholesale" prices but it's pretty much as cheap as you can get them without the seller getting too little in return to actually provide this, yes illegal, service.

What does immigration have to do with you being new? No one has a problem with new people on the forums, just people whose first few posts are attacking someone providing a helpful service to the forum, whether it is to your ethical standard or not. You obviously have not done anything like this before. Just don't look at the people providing shopping services in japan. You might have an aneurism looking at their fees. Don't **** up mayo's thread.

Chadley

Reaction score
Out of the five people that I've seen offer American Apparel Wholesale on various forums, they all charge the exact same prices that Mayo charges.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldRush!
you're probably not big on immigration, are you.

i had no intention of "trying to start ****," but rather of pointing it out. the **** has apparently existed long prior to my arrival. however, i do realize that perspective can appear threatening, and thus i will hereby leave you to your moderately illegal, ethically questionable pseudo-business. enjoy.

Sorry, but you are starting ****, and being a dick as well.

True, the "wholesale prices" thing is a bit misleading, but I don't think mayo can go back to change it to be "AA at Wholesale Prices + Markup for Me". Why would Mayo, the Grapist, et al be doing this simply out of the goodness of their heart or to earn a small margin for each shirt? Of course they're earning a profit, and they're selling their shirts for half the price that AA sells them for. And nobody is going to order just one shirt... the whole point is that for bulk orders, you're lowering the cost of shipping per item.

Lets see... for each order, Mayo has to contribute time to place the order from AA, package the order and the order from the customer, pay for the cost of packaging, take the package to the postoffice, and worry about buyers that might screw her over. Then there is the retailers permit cost, paypal fees, etc. What part of this do you not understand?

So who exactly loses here? Continue buying your $2 t-shirts at AA store for $19... I'll buy from the wholesalers. No rocket science required. ******* Communists.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so back on topic, who is offering the "wholesale" service right now? It appears that mayo is busy/not around/not drop shipping, etc....

And whats the time scale of delivery? I want to have it sent to a friend in the US so she can carry it over for me.

K

chronoaug

Reaction score
sufu has a guy "chim" who is doing it. However, he also recently got a scare like mayo. Chim is still doing it, but he's thinking of doing his shipping methods differently so he doesn't get in trouble. It would slightly increase the shipping charges and turn around time though.

xerxes1358

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I want to order 8 or so different colors of Polo shirts from AA. I measured my chest and it was 44.5. Now the L is 42-44 and the XL is 46-48.

I am in a bit of awkward situation here. Take L with the chance that it is too small. Take XL and ending up with ugly too big shirts that I wont be wearing anymore for sure.

I like to wear shirts not too tight but also not to loose. Will these shirts shrink a lot after cold (machine) wash?

Thank you in front for useful response.

Xerxes

sartorially senseless

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xerxes1358
Hi Guys,

I want to order 8 or so different colors of Polo shirts from AA. I measured my chest and it was 44.5. Now the L is 42-44 and the XL is 46-48.

I am in a bit of awkward situation here. Take L with the chance that it is too small. Take XL and ending up with ugly too big shirts that I wont be wearing anymore for sure.

I like to wear shirts not too tight but also not to loose. Will these shirts shrink a lot after cold (machine) wash?

Thank you in front for useful response.

Xerxes

im in the same boat, can anyone provide?

xerxes1358

Reaction score
I dont think the seller is very active anymore. I emailed him a week or so ago and still no answer. Is he still selling?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldRush!
you're probably not big on immigration, are you.

i had no intention of "trying to start ****," but rather of pointing it out. the **** has apparently existed long prior to my arrival. however, i do realize that perspective can appear threatening, and thus i will hereby leave you to your moderately illegal, ethically questionable pseudo-business. enjoy.

yeah, you are starting ****. there's nothing "illegal", "ethically questionable" or "pseudo-business(ly)" about this.

sartorially senseless

Reaction score
i just wanna buy some AA stuff, i went to the store today, but nothing was really exciting at retail prices...anyone still selling singles? any leads, someone pm me
thanks in advance

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
sufu has a guy "chim" who is doing it. However, he also recently got a scare like mayo. Chim is still doing it, but he's thinking of doing his shipping methods differently so he doesn't get in trouble. It would slightly increase the shipping charges and turn around time though.

It was only a few posts ago

xerxes1358

Reaction score
So no whole sale prices anymore? Too bad. Is this definit? Anyones knows if he is out for definit?

The Grapist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Ok, so back on topic, who is offering the "wholesale" service right now? It appears that mayo is busy/not around/not drop shipping, etc....

And whats the time scale of delivery? I want to have it sent to a friend in the US so she can carry it over for me.

K

I am still doing it. Depending on stock and location, orders take 2 days, to about a week or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads