• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Binker
dries, you are my hero

No.
dozingoff.gif

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
mr.porter only stock mr.hare shoes from uk7 up, and despite me being a us8 i probably won't be kopping any tomorrow because from the three actual outsole measurements i have their us8s appanrently have 29.2-29.5-ish outsoles where my comfort zone is 28-28.5
frown.gif

creeper sole is going to be bigger than the insole where you actually stick your foot...

stick with your cp size if you have narrow feet, imo - otherwise they are pretty TTS.

ps that salmon skin is super delicate. thinking of copping the black ostrich joints...probably not though

pteroaltum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
outerwear

CD1X2.jpg

From just looking at the image, I wouldn't have bought it. But I did. And I love it to death.

Wish the sleeves weren't cropped so short; but that's the whole point of the piece. ::shrugs:: I am in love with the fabric, color, and frayed hems. Odyn Vovk's cuts fit me so well...it almost makes me want to stop working out. I practically own every OV pieces.

Reminds me of Napoleon Bonaparte.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Post a fit. I really just liked the pic so I put it up

pteroaltum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
Post a fit. I really just liked the pic so I put it up
Can't. Too ugly. Don't want to be sued for cracked glass objects. But a lot of others must have purchased it; since it sold out on Gilt fast. Wish I had waited for the Gilt sale instead of buying it early. I bought it hoping it would be similar to the gauze blazer from the same collection. Didn't quite live up to expectations but still a great piece. The reversible gauze blazer, on the other hand, is one of the most versatile pieces in my wardrobe. I have worn it many times; and it, without exaggerations, ALWAYS gets complimented on. Whoever is a size MEDIUM needs to snatch the only one left from Blackbird ASAP.
62072_1.jpg
62072_3.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
creeper sole is going to be bigger than the insole where you actually stick your foot...

stick with your cp size if you have narrow feet, imo - otherwise they are pretty TTS.

ps that salmon skin is super delicate. thinking of copping the black ostrich joints...probably not though

thanks briza, i remember you posted about kopping the salmon a while back
i actually just received a really nice reply from marc hare himself clarifying that in general his lasts are a little longer than average shoes for the slimming effect, and that length is a relatively unimprotant determinant of it. I agree, though being (sort of) between sizes i'm hoping i can sacrifice a bit of fit for the ideal length i'm after
iydmma when you said the salmons are super delicate do you mean they are prone to scratch marks or that they require a lot of care and maintaneance?

Creep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
thanks briza, i remember you posted about kopping the salmon a while back
i actually just received a really nice reply from marc hare himself clarifying that in general his lasts are a little longer than average shoes for the slimming effect, and that length is a relatively unimprotant determinant of it. I agree, though being (sort of) between sizes i'm hoping i can sacrifice a bit of fit for the ideal length i'm after
iydmma when you said the salmons are super delicate do you mean they are prone to scratch marks or that they require a lot of care and maintaneance?

Not trying to be harsh but you seem to have too much money to waste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics