• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

scourage

Reaction score
9 too big 8 too small yea 8.5 makes sense.
or 8 E if the only problem with the 8 was its width

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nezero
Tried a 9 and 8 on.
9 was good but felt a little loose
8 was tight around the width.
This was with dreas socks on.
Should I opt for 8.5

Gee, I don't know.

milw50717

Reaction score
The only blemish worth mentioning is in a slightly less obvious place than on the previous pair.

20110523-wolve1000a.jpg

20110523-wolve1000b.jpg

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hide the fact that it's below the quality standard one might expect from a premium U.S made product...

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
It doesn't hide the fact that it's below the quality standard one might expect from a premium U.S made product...

You get what you pay for I guess with factory 2nds.

I was pretty luck with the ones I got I guess since there aren't really large noticeable spots like that on mine.

milw50717

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
You get what you pay for I guess with factory 2nds.
These are not factory seconds. They were purchased from a retailer mentioned on the Wolverine site and are a replacement pair for ones that had a more obvious blemish on the top of one of the boots. Oddly, this pair did not have the cardboard divider or the little card about Horween leather in the box, which the earlier pair did.

mikecch

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of stock pairs in person at my local Wolverine retailer - both brown CXL, both with scratches and dents - finding this very curious, although I think a good oiling, pigment polish or wax coating could fix the cosmetic issue..

Zackb911

Reaction score
Just in case anyone else has the same issue; I had a pair of the brown in a 9.5 that developed an annoying creak in the left sole after wearing them 12-20 times over the course of 3-4 months. I emailed Wolverine and they sent me a prepaid label to send them back and they will be sending me a new pair for free. It's nice to see that they stand behind them. Now I just need to decide If I want to keep the new pair or get some Alden Indy's instead.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefullly the best place to ask on the forum...

I've got a chance to pick up the Wesley chukka for a good price.

are these made to the same standards as the 1000 mile?

What's 'Rowdy leather'?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads