• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering some sandals from ssense, which I believe is based in Canada. When they come in to the U.S., how would I go about paying the duties/tax? The sandals are $240, so I'm sure I will get hit with customs fees.

Does anyone know how much they are? Do I pay it to the delivery man? I'd be using Expedited Parcel.

Thanks!

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover!
They usually delivery the package and send you a bill afterwards if you get hit by customs.

This is my experience as well. If your shipping method is EMS (USPS), you will most likely not get hit with customs fees. If it is DHL, you will for sure be hit with them.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How should i clean my dayton x wh boots? I got the black Leather style.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
This is my experience as well. If your shipping method is EMS (USPS), you will most likely not get hit with customs fees. If it is DHL, you will for sure be hit with them.
damn.. so maybe i should have stuck to the slowest shipping method. since i spent over $200, the expedited shipping was free, but im not sure what shipping service they use for that. thanks for the info. edit: looks like it refers to canada post expedited parcel.. hopefully it goes through usps and i dont get hit with customs!

wtfatom

Reaction score
is craftharbour and inseam the only places that sell Indigoskins?

Hkstyles

Reaction score
1. What is your opinion on filson rucksacks? Would it be suitable for a first year univ student living in a metropolitan area?

2. I'm thinking of purchasing momotaro jeans from contextclothing. They mention that all their jeans' inseams are measured as 39". Where can I get these jeans hemmed to about 32"?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
damn.. so maybe i should have stuck to the slowest shipping method. since i spent over $200, the expedited shipping was free, but im not sure what shipping service they use for that.

thanks for the info.

edit: looks like it refers to canada post expedited parcel.. hopefully it goes through usps and i dont get hit with customs!

Somehow I missed that your package was coming from Canada. Thanks to NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement), you shouldn't have to pay any customs fees at all.

Originally Posted by Hkstyles
I'm thinking of purchasing momotaro jeans from contextclothing. They mention that all their jeans' inseams are measured as 39". Where can I get these jeans hemmed to about 32"?

Just about any tailor can hem your jeans. If you want to get them shortened with the chainstitch hem, you'll probably have to mail them in to Blue in Green if you don't have anyone local who can do it.

rapdancin

Reaction score
are whitr spring court lows sold anymore? what's the closest thing to them style and price wise?

dron

Reaction score
i asked this in mc too, but now that i think about it i think it is more of a s&d thing.

i want a white long sleeve pique polo with shirt cuffs.
like this www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/adam but with a shorter placket and cheaper.

could you please help me find it. preferrably in europe.
thank you.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Somehow I missed that your package was coming from Canada. Thanks to NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement), you shouldn't have to pay any customs fees at all.

sweeeet. thanks!

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asked this in the Iron Ranger boot thread but that thread is not often visited....

With the Iron Ranger, is there a distinction between the "hawthorne" and the "hawthorne mule skinner" or are they one and the same?

Always thought they were the same but Amazon has them listed as if they are separate leather options (even though on my monitor they look the same to my eye). Looking to grab a pair but want to know all available leather options b4 pulling the trigger.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are some jeans that fit similarly to the apc petite standards, but have a longer inseam and a zip fly?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some pants that fit similar to Jcrew's Urban Slim Fit pants, but are of higher quality - the next step up I guess? Looking for navy blue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads