• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UberDyologzz
Excuse the amateur-hour photography and the lack of natural light.

k9vntf.jpg

Amazing
worship.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I don't like sophisticated monks.

I'm betting you really hate the Jesuits then.
rimshot.gif

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Sorry - What I meant was - Please tell us the story of how you obtained these shoes, from start to finish - Did you visit him? Was it bespoke? How long did it take from start to finish?, Cost? Things like that..
smile.gif

From another post of his in the $300 vs $1000 shoe thread:

Hi guys,

I've been gleaning a lot of information from this thread and like a poster above I'd like to pose a question.

I was in Japan for a week recently, and decided to buy my first pair of "grown-man" shoes there, so I went and bought an extremely handsome pair of black captoes by Hidetaka Fukaya per Tomorrowland.

Now I realize it might have been better to ask about a pair of shoes' provenance before buying it, but does anyone know anything more about Hidetaka Fukaya's RTW line? I'm guessing they're not handmade by the man himself, but any information would be great.

Regards,

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
I'm betting you really hate the Jesuits then.
rimshot.gif

Rimshot worthy. Definitely. Well, not hate; I just don't like them.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jermyn;4525779 said:
Feel free to discuss these
laugh.gif

John Lobb Redmire - 7000 last

The pictures don't really do justice to the effect of direct sunlight on these beauties.

I couldn't wait to wear them so these pictures show some slight creasing from the first couple of wears \t
shog[1].gif

IMG00256-20110528-1615.jpg

Rimshot worthy. Definitely. Well, not hate; I just don't like them.
Back to the shoe at hand, so to speak. I'm not a monk fan and I like these a lot. I guess what you call "sophisticated" appeals to me in this case. To each his own.
cheers.gif

UberDyologzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reborn
From another post of his in the $300 vs $1000 shoe thread:

That's about the long and short of it - somehow I think the fact it isn't bespoke will disappoint some, but will also make some happy.
smile.gif

That said, I did get Hidetaka Fukaya's details from the salesman, and will be making a visit to the man himself later on in the year, where I hope to make myself a few pairs of actual bespoke shoes.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Feel free to discuss these
laugh.gif

John Lobb Redmire - 7000 last

The pictures don't really do justice to the effect of direct sunlight on these beauties.

I couldn't wait to wear them so these pictures show some slight creasing from the first couple of wears \t
shog[1].gif

IMG00257-20110528-1615.jpg

]

the AS double on the 48 (bottom below) looks verysimilar - love that plummy colour
AS365.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's about the long and short of it - somehow I think the fact it isn't bespoke will disappoint some, but will also make some happy.
smile.gif

That said, I did get Hidetaka Fukaya's details from the salesman, and will be making a visit to the man himself later on in the year, where I hope to make myself a few pairs of actual bespoke shoes.

Thanks - just 2 more questions if you dont mind - price, and fit? Example, if you are typically a US 10, does it fit true?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
HA! Maybe ugly shoes are like ugly women, they just try harder. Actually I'm a fan (NOT surprising, i'm sure). You KNOW I'd rock these all day long!

You never fail to deliver words of praise whenever somebody posts super ugly "unique" or "crazy" shoes. That is of course when you aren't posting them yourself. Shine on you crazy diamond.
nest.gif

UberDyologzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks - just 2 more questions if you dont mind - price, and fit? Example, if you are typically a US 10, does it fit true?

Around or just under 1,000 USD if my calculations are correct. Some models in the line are slightly cheaper, some slightly more expensive [give or take fifty dollars].

As for the fit [where my own feet are concerned], the shoe is just about slightly [and I do mean slightly - a few millimeters around the widest part] wider than the same size in a G&G TG73. I hope this helps.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Around or just under 1,000 USD if my calculations are correct. Some models in the line are slightly cheaper, some slightly more expensive [give or take fifty dollars].

As for the fit [where my own feet are concerned], the shoe is just about slightly [and I do mean slightly - a few millimeters around the widest part] wider than the same size in a G&G TG73. I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing the info, and the pics of those wonderful shoes. Enjoy them!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG00256-20110528-1615.jpg
Love the shoes but I can't believe no one has commented on the rug. I hope Vox is okay. He is missed.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Back to the shoe at hand, so to speak. I'm not a monk fan and I like these a lot. I guess what you call "sophisticated" appeals to me in this case. To each his own.
cheers.gif

Makes sense. I don't think these are overly affected, like the Chapel, which I really don't like. I am a monk fan and like them simple and single.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I don't think these are overly affected, like the Chapel, which I really don't like. I am a monk fan and like them simple and single.

Ah, I see you belong to the "Tintin" school of monk strap philosophy.
In which case you won't approve of my recent purchases. I think I'm becoming a prima donna lately.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads