• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
med.jpg
$259. Harry's of London dress shoes. Or in brown
med.jpg
edit: i've never been able to figure out how to link gilt images correctly. anyone know? I'd be wearing these to interviews and possibly work, if formal attire is required. And the suit I have now is black, so I'm leaning towards the black.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^ delete the end of the url where it begins with a question mark (e.g. '?53_1305928485000')

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the brown pair, but im no expert for the record
redface.gif

kwoyeu

Reaction score
^you're welcome
i'm no expert either, but iirs mc has this thing against black shoes.. but then, they seem to have an even bigger thing agains black suits...

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
^you're welcome
i'm no expert either, but iirs mc has this thing against black shoes.. but then, they seem to have an even bigger thing agains black suits...

yeah.. but whatever. i decided against the shoes as i still have a decent pair of black shoes. $259 is still a lot of money to me as a recent college grad.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
11133M048003_1_2.jpg
11133M048003_5_2.jpg
CP sandals. $241 from ssense. Thoughts? I know CP is high quality, as I have a pair of mid-top sneakers which are quite comfortable, but does anyone know whether these sandals are comfortable? They're a relatively large purchase, and I'd like to wear these for 2-3 years.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
dope. Jerusalem steez. seriously tho, kop

im a size 11, so i chose 44. do you think that would fit? i forgot the whole sizing issue with cps -- do i need a 45? i vaguely remember someone saying to size up when i bought my cp sneakers, but i dnt remember if they are a size 44 or 45, and theyre locked away in storage right now so i cant check.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
yeah.. but whatever. i decided against the shoes as i still have a decent pair of black shoes. $259 is still a lot of money to me as a recent college grad.

Originally Posted by GreenFrog
CP sandals. $241 from ssense. Thoughts?

I know CP is high quality, as I have a pair of mid-top sneakers which are quite comfortable, but does anyone know whether these sandals are comfortable? They're a relatively large purchase, and I'd like to wear these for 2-3 years.

$259 is a lot of money to you yet you are willing to spend $241 on some sandals? Really?
facepalm.gif

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CPs are 1/2 too big so normally people size down. ie I am a 44.5 so I buy size 44, my brother is a 45 and he wears a 44. I would think the sandals would be either tts or a little big, you might be a 43 in those, but I bet the 44 will be fine. (11=44 12=45)

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by + theom
$259 is a lot of money to you yet you are willing to spend $241 on some sandals? Really?
facepalm.gif

can you not read?

$259 was comparatively expensive because i already have a pair of decent dress shoes.

i do not have any decent sandals.

go pass your judgment somewhere else. thanks!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
CPs are 1/2 too big so normally people size down. ie I am a 44.5 so I buy size 44, my brother is a 45 and he wears a 44. I would think the sandals would be either tts or a little big, you might be a 43 in those, but I bet the 44 will be fine. (11=44 12=45)

thanks! just bought the sandals -- im excited! i havent worn sandals during the summer in 3 years

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should be ok in your true shoe size. i once ordered a pair of doma sandals in my true shoe size and they fit big(and looked big) because i was barefoot(obviously)
sizing down might be ok as well, not sure. i havent worn sandals in years(besides trying on said doma's)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads