• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Alden Wingtip Boots #8 Pebble Grain Shell sz. 8.5 D
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Danito

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen any natural chromexcel on the irregular's list? I'm hoping for either the natural Chromexcel PTB or indy shoe.

thanks

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
PSA: Alden of Carmel is clearing out some stuff. I made sure I reserved a pair of black leydon wingtip boots in my size before I made the PSA, though.
bounce2.gif

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
PSA: Alden of Carmel is clearing out some stuff. I made sure I reserved a pair of black leydon wingtip boots in my size before I made the PSA, though.
bounce2.gif

Ha! I noticed this last Tuesday and stocked up myself.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Did you pick up the brown wingtips? Would have preferred them, but as my gf says "You don't have any black boots."

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bounce2.gif

fistbump.gif
thanks. i picked up a pair myself

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Did you pick up the brown wingtips? Would have preferred them, but as my gf says "You don't have any black boots."
I did purchase the AF95's they arrive on Tuesday. : )

ChessDan

Reaction score
Help me shoe gurus

How are the Alden of Carmel Four Eyelet Oxfords,how does sizing run on the plaza last, and what exactly is a "waterloc" sole? A double-oiled sole? Is it the same as a flex welt?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChessDan
Help me shoe gurus

How are the Alden of Carmel Four Eyelet Oxfords,how does sizing run on the plaza last, and what exactly is a "waterloc" sole? A double-oiled sole? Is it the same as a flex welt?

yeah plaza runs tts. double-oiled = waterloc

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Help me shoe gurus

I was advised to half size up from my Trubalance size for the Leydon and Plaza lasts.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does sizing run on the plaza last

From the Alden of Carmel site:

The most popular Alden lasts, and their relative sizes compared to usual U.S. shoe sizes are:

Leydon last - fits approximately like a standard US size
Plaza last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Aberdeen last - slightly longer than regular U.S. size
Van last - 1/4 to 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size
Barrie last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Barrie last size 9 1/2)
Trubalance last - about 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Trubalance size 9 1/2)
Modified last - at least 1/2 size larger than regular U.S. size (U.S. size 10 = Modified last size 9 1/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads