• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Greatest Movie of all time?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's a great candid shot of her.

Ted Danson, aside from being insanely rich, is a lucky dude.

rvan

Reaction score
I'd say "Once Upon a Time in America"

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
The frequency with which i've watch each is the decreases with the order of the movies.

#3 has Mary Steenburgen and i've always had a crush on her tho. I wish more women were like her.

Yes, she's old, but still very attractive:
mary-steenburgen-56th-annual-primetime-emmy-awards-arrivals-dknmeb.jpg

I'd insta-wife any girl i met that reminded me of her.

I guess I can see her appeal but the movie sucked so bad that no amount of pretty faces could save it.

bob99

Reaction score
I'd encourage anyone ripping on Back To The Future 3 to re-watch it. It's really not a bad movie, and it's a great capper to the trilogy. Nothing is as good as #1, but Zemeckis and Bob Gale really get to pay off a lot of stuff in #3.

Arguably tied for spot #1 would be Annie Hall. It's both hilarious and brilliant. One of the only comedies to ever win best picture, it really demonstrates that drama heightens comedy. The laughter is that much deeper when you actually care about the characters.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Ya, the whole series is great. I bought the set as soon as they were released on blu-ray. I've watched them countless times.

Almost every year around christmass the series is rerun here. Still awesome. I used to rate the movies as 1,3,2. But as I got older the second one got rehabilitated somewhat and I rate them as 1, 2&3. I'd still watch any movie with M.J.F. in it.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I guess I can see her appeal but the movie sucked so bad that no amount of pretty faces could save it.

WRONG!

WUKILLABEEZ78

Reaction score
Hard for me to choose just one as well. "Ronin" ranks high on my list. "The Outlaw Josey Wales" very well might be number one. I also like Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name Trilogy" as well. "Blood In Blood Out" (Bound By Honor) was really good too and extremely underrated. "Saturday Night Fever" and "Urban Cowboy" are favorites as well. I'll complete my greatest movie list with "Top Gun", "Love Jones" and "Love And Basketball"...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321

Ted Danson, aside from being insanely rich, is a lucky dude.

Everything is heaven with him. The piece of gum he had - Oh this is heaven. Had a taste of a chocolate bar - I'm in heaven. A parking space is heaven. It's all heaven.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Everything is heaven with him. The piece of gum he had - Oh this is heaven. Had a taste of a chocolate bar - I'm in heaven. A parking space is heaven. It's all heaven.
fistbump.gif

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob99
I'd encourage anyone ripping on Back To The Future 3 to re-watch it. It's really not a bad movie, and it's a great capper to the trilogy. Nothing is as good as #1, but Zemeckis and Bob Gale really get to pay off a lot of stuff in #3.

Arguably tied for spot #1 would be Annie Hall. It's both hilarious and brilliant. One of the only comedies to ever win best picture, it really demonstrates that drama heightens comedy. The laughter is that much deeper when you actually care about the characters.

The Christopher Walken role kills me. That look in his face as he's driving the car is priceless.

Originally Posted by WUKILLABEEZ78
Hard for me to choose just one as well. "Ronin" ranks high on my list. "The Outlaw Josey Wales" very well might be number one. I also like Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name Trilogy" as well. "Blood In Blood Out" (Bound By Honor) was really good too and extremely underrated. "Saturday Night Fever" and "Urban Cowboy" are favorites as well. I'll complete my greatest movie list with "Top Gun", "Love Jones" and "Love And Basketball"...

Wow that's quite a list you have.

Originally Posted by suited

What's the deal with this? Is this how he is in interviews or something?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
The Christopher Walken role kills me. That look in his face as he's driving the car is priceless.

Wow that's quite a list you have.

What's the deal with this? Is this how he is in interviews or something?

It's from curb - first season second episode.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Matrix.

(Also helped that I didn't see any trailers for the movie or even know about it's existence.)

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by howbah
Deep Blue Sea

The one movie that the black guy actually survived

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics