• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

tawilmarco

Reaction score
I found a good deal on ebay for Allen Edmonds Sanfords. They are my size (10) BUT it says the width is C,B (narrow). I don't have a "narrow" foot but they are not wide either, I would say my feet are skinny to very average. Will these be too "tight" for me? Thanks in advance!

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
^Possibly. You might want to ask for measurements, and judge for yourself.

/White/Blue shirt + black pants + black shoes = no-no?

SartorialConductor

Reaction score
Looking for cheap honeymoon wear. We will be in NYC and Miami. Needs to travel well and be versatile. Right now I have my charcoal suit, navy blazer, dark slacks, plenty of dress shirts. Not exactly beachy...

Suggestions?

Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand...
Sent from iPhone

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SartorialConductor
Looking for cheap honeymoon wear. We will be in NYC and Miami. Needs to travel well and be versatile. Right now I have my charcoal suit, navy blazer, dark slacks, plenty of dress shirts. Not exactly beachy...

Suggestions?

Trying to learn style while perfecting my craft. Style is actually tougher to understand...
Sent from iPhone

Light linen suit? Linen jacket and khakis? You could probably find something at J Crew or something along those lines.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
I have very uneven shoulders (My right is 3/4" lower than my left, which I'm told is more than most) and the shoulder pads sewn into my suits did not take this into account, leaving my shoulders less than clean. Is this fixable?

SYQ

Reaction score
Quick question. I'm looking to buy some dress shirts this summer before I go to college. Besides pale blue and white, what are some other appropriate/attractive colors or patterns? What do you guys think about french blue or purple? What about black? I'm Chinese, medium dark skin.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linds_15
What color pants should NOT be worn with brown shoes?

Black or the same shade of brown as your shoes.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
I have very uneven shoulders (My right is 3/4" lower than my left, which I'm told is more than most) and the shoulder pads sewn into my suits did not take this into account, leaving my shoulders less than clean. Is this fixable?

Yes, but take it to a very experienced tailor.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SYQ
Quick question. I'm looking to buy some dress shirts this summer before I go to college. Besides pale blue and white, what are some other appropriate/attractive colors or patterns? What do you guys think about french blue or purple? What about black? I'm Chinese, medium dark skin.

Go lavender and with POW check

dron

Reaction score
where to find a long sleeved pique polo with buttoned barrel cuffs?
in europe?

E TF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drøn
where to find a long sleeved pique polo with buttoned barrel cuffs?
in europe?

In England Charles Tyrwhitt is selling them at the moment at a reasonable price. I bought a couple and they're pretty good; my only quibble is the blue and white striped CT house lining on the inside of the cuffs, which shows up if you roll them up and is a bit obvious.

pollapo

Reaction score
sorry i posted this on the main forum, but need a super quick reply...

I'm about to buy a Navy RLBL 40R online but realized the trouser size will be a 34 waist. I'm normally a 31 waist and wear a 38R but with RLBL i need to size up.

Will a good tailor be able to appropriately reduce the waist size without distorting the design of the pants at a reasonable cost? I'm worried that even if i reduce the waist from a 34 to a 31 the pants will still be fitted for a bigger guy.

I could also live with a 32w, would a 34 --> 31/32 waist reduction be too much?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads