• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're under about 5'10 and you wear those, everybody will be laughing behind your back as it looks like an attempt to boost your height.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
593ad4393d1b9c0e_Prada-Wingtip-Espadrilles-black.xlarge.jpg

Probably the only person in the country who got a pair of these on SALE (0)
Pick em up Thursday

can you give me the pleasure of being stepped on by a pair of Prada Creepers?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roxstar
if my friend pulls through i'll be getting them at a discount

employee discount doesn't count
smile.gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
TIrE9.jpg

These creepers everyone keeps salivating over appear to smash 3 different conflicting aesthetics together: dressy dandy, yacht club preppy, and sporty sneakers. Since most here normally despise outfits and pieces designed in this manner, I can only conclude these are a trendy fad as opposed to good design. Seeing Jude Law wearing them would seem to confirm this as he is (like most Hollywood types) a trend whore. When I look at these shoes, I am shocked by how they incorporate so many elements yet impart so little meaning. They evoke almost no imagery or stereotypes in my head. Outside of their obviously inharmonious design which will surely draw attention, they seem to say nothing. But what if this design carried with it the baggage of being associated with the forum's "undesirable" members of society whom one often fears being associated with? Would we accept these shoes so readily? If suburban middle managers or white trash NASCAR loving dads commonly wore these shoes, would we still feel this is an ok design? Obviously not! Instead what we have is an ungainly shoe with largely no identity and no negative stereotypes. Add to this neutral palette Jude Law wearing them and and influential boutiques selling them, helping everyone to associate positive imagery with the design. Suddenly they're fashionable!

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking too much into it, man

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how you provoke conversation, but it doesn't help that you over analyze everything you talk about. The shoes look good to most people, regardless of them being on the biggest fashion blogs or on jude law. You can say the same stuff about NASCAR fans about them wearing your wardrobe. Oh no, hicks everywhere are wearing julius and wjk, it must not be fashionable anymore.

omgcookielol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
But what if this design carried with it the baggage of being associated with the forum's "undesirable" members of society whom one often fears being associated with? Would we accept these shoes so readily? If suburban middle managers or white trash NASCAR loving dads commonly wore these shoes, would we still feel this is an ok design? Obviously not!

Instead what we have is an ungainly shoe with largely no identity and no negative stereotypes. Add to this neutral palette Jude Law wearing them and and influential boutiques selling them, helping everyone to associate positive imagery with the design. Suddenly they're fashionable!

Your post reminds me of something lane said in another thread.

Originally Posted by Lane
People respond negatively to what they don't understand at times. Ignoring just rick, I think people sometimes are uncomfortable with how provocative some clothing is if they haven't encountered it before. Not everyone is going to respond positively to the energy.

I don't think anyone who has already responded positively to the shoes would change their mind because of any "baggage". They're really handsome shoes when they're being worn with thought.

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
These creepers everyone keeps salivating over appear to smash 3 different conflicting aesthetics together: dressy dandy, yacht club preppy, and sporty sneakers. Since most here normally despise outfits and pieces designed in this manner, I can only conclude these are a trendy fad as opposed to good design. Seeing Jude Law wearing them would seem to confirm this as he is (like most Hollywood types) a trend whore.

When I look at these shoes, I am shocked by how they incorporate so many elements yet impart so little meaning. They evoke almost no imagery or stereotypes in my head. Outside of their obviously inharmonious design which will surely draw attention, they seem to say nothing.

But what if this design carried with it the baggage of being associated with the forum's "undesirable" members of society whom one often fears being associated with? Would we accept these shoes so readily? If suburban middle managers or white trash NASCAR loving dads commonly wore these shoes, would we still feel this is an ok design? Obviously not!

Instead what we have is an ungainly shoe with largely no identity and no negative stereotypes. Add to this neutral palette Jude Law wearing them and and influential boutiques selling them, helping everyone to associate positive imagery with the design. Suddenly they're fashionable!

How is this a real human being.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
BLAH BLAH BLAH WORDS WORDS WORDS BLAH BLAH BLAH

Honestly man, stop. Your analysis of every little thing is so ******* annoying. No one analyses why you buy dozens of grey tees.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
These creepers everyone keeps salivating over appear to smash 3 different conflicting aesthetics together: ... Instead what we have is an ungainly shoe with largely no identity and no negative stereotypes.
I think these two sentences contradict each other. The identity is indeed the absurd juxtapositioning of several different styles to create a hybrid monstrosity. The problem you seem to have is that it can't be ascribed to one particular category or aesthetic but that's more indicative of versatility (see fit pics with cropped suit vs red leggings + skirt). But I feel the desired goal has been achieved in polarizing opinions.
decisions.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with BB1 - the Prada Creepers were slammed by a number of influential critic, and I think, for good reason. The shoe is a brogue sitting on top of an espadrille midsole, on top of an old school runners sole. It's just plain muddy design.

That said, he could have stopped at 3 sentences. The rant about people who like Nascar, completely besides the point.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm going to agree with BB1 - the Prada Creepers were slammed by a number of influential critic, and I think, for good reason. The shoe is a brogue sitting on top of an espadrille midsole, on top of an old school runners sole. It's just plain muddy design.

these are close to the trendiest shoes I've ever seen. i dont think these will be 'cool' in 3 months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads