• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I like the sideways belt aeglus, it makes the fit a lot more interesting.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice vid Kent, I used to ride too. I was the wheelie king of Rosedale NY for a few years

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Totally agree with you guys about the photography playing a huge role. A large part of how stylish you look is related to how you stand and move. Posing for a still picture can never capture this. Thus I would guess graphic looks better in person than his pictures imply. But one really needs to try wearing a lot of different things in order to discover what suits you best. Thus I frequently view the sf uniform as a sign the wearer has never undergone much of this process. .
Not to make excuses, but ****** self-photography is terrible for my proprtions (aeglus understands this, as we have similar physiques) and really does me absolutely no favors. As for my kopping choices, SF has been right about **** I know I like (ToJ for a leather, APC for denim) and I knew I wanted "dope black and white mid/hi tops" and so I went with the SF suggestion when they popped up on B&S. There might be better brands for my intended direction (I'm realizing this about the jeans in this fit in particular) but like, I'm not just going out kopping painted gats and margiela knits and W+H flannels b/c I know that won't really work for the style I know I like. As for my personality vis a vis clothing choices, I like things that are cool, interesting on sociocultural and/or design level, and physique flattering, without being "out there" in a potentially alienating way, which is why I like my leather/tee/denim/boots uniform so much (as it is the quintissential distillation of what I'm going for). If that's clear at all, id welcome suggestions of designers that fit that.

saelan

Reaction score
reedobandito, that's not a bad look, but I would strongly recommend not wearing a plain tee. If you're not going to wear a collared shirt, go with a striped tee or at least a v-neck.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I like the sideways belt aeglus, it makes the fit a lot more interesting.

+1

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming to the conclusion that the jeans need a hem:

20110528_open.jpg

20110528_buttoned.jpg

NdG
Uniqlo
levi 511
Loake

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. I basically had a revelation my sophomore when I got knocked out cold -- baddd -- while I was riding. It made me realize that I really cant afford to be injured while i was college because I had to get ****** to class, I had to go grocery shopping for myself, etc etc and I couldnt afford to be incapacitated. I'd had broken ankles, collarbones, etc before so I know what a burden injuries can be. And also, I was basically at the point where I was like, "Should I try to go 'pro' or should I focus on school." Well, of course I chose school.

but thanks again ya'll, that video is definitely my pride and joy

but yeah, the logical progression for me would be to get into motorcycles and road bikes! I don't really think about it this way, but I guess I have somewhat of a 'need for speed' and acrobatics. I think that's why I really want to be a pilot physician too.

[/essay]

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not a fan of the shoes

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kent $ that was a great video, well done

RFX those are great sneakers.

MoK, they may not need a hem. They will look better after they settle a bit (they look new and sort of stiff and flat across the calf from how they were folded at the store). If they still look funky after a month or 2, think about hemming them then.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
250124_10150196032731835_508016834_7442022_4585367_n.jpg

selfridges x coke
buzz
conexroy

I know this one's a few days old, but I'm slow and that's how I roll.

Really like the Buzz sweatshirt. I saw a very similar sweatshirt at Barney's at nearly four times the price.

Originally Posted by threeLegDog
more taper. cuff perhaps?

cu0lP.jpg

BB
Levis
McNairy

I would definitely do something about the inseam on those pants. At the very least you need to have them hemmed. They are much too long as is, and I don't think you'll be able to taper them enough to work in some sort of stack.

With regards to the shirt sleeve roll, you either need to be above or below the elbow, but not at the elbow. Pattern of the shirt looks great for spring/summer and I dig the kicks.

Originally Posted by aeglus
tumblr_lly396eLZV1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Boot kick ass.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
20110528_buttoned.jpg

Buttoned is better, IMO.

Originally Posted by RFX45
eyz4W.jpg
Loved it until the shoes. They draw my eye to them so much that I can't focus on how awesome the rest of the fit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads