• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nananine
PS, if you've got a gaming PC and you don't own The Witcher 2, you need to fix that

Couldn't get Witcher Ultimate Edition to run on my Windows 7 PC. The Tages copy protection driver wouldn't run, so neither would the game.
plain.gif
Not sure if I will give Witcher 2 a chance, although I hear it is very good.

Nananine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Couldn't get Witcher Ultimate Edition to run on my Windows 7 PC. The Tages copy protection driver wouldn't run, so neither would the game.
plain.gif

It's a hell of an upgrade, but it pushes the limits of computing really hard. Nvidia actually released game-specific beta drivers

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
plain.gif

Could always download the cracked version.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just spent about 3 hrs with L.A. Noire. I really like it. The pace of gameplay is relaxing, and the stories so far have been interesting.

Nananine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Just spent about 3 hrs with L.A. Noire. I really like it. The pace of gameplay is relaxing, and the stories so far have been interesting.

I'm on my third (fourth?) traffic case and it's gotten a lot more compelling. I'm still iffy on the street crimes, they always seem to end in shootouts, but then I feel like I'm doing something wrong all the time.

roryben

Reaction score
I'm on my third (fourth?) traffic case and it's gotten a lot more compelling. I'm still iffy on the street crimes, they always seem to end in shootouts, but then I feel like I'm doing something wrong all the time.

Totally agree with this - I think its the GTA/DRD in me that wants to end all confrontations with some good old fashioned shooting. Like, can I subdue these subjects without having to blast them...?

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brimley
Could always download the cracked version.
True. I'm going to try and install it on my Windows XP 32 bit partition. I had the same issue with STALKER: Clear Sky (which also uses the Tages copy protection scheme). It will suck not being able to run it full out on Win 7 64 bit but I guess that's the price we pay for copy protection. Edit: you'd think the software companies would make more of an effort for those of us who purchase legal copies of their product ...
frown.gif

Pinhas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roryben
Totally agree with this - I think its the GTA/DRD in me that wants to end all confrontations with some good old fashioned shooting. Like, can I subdue these subjects without having to blast them...?

As you progress crimes tend to end in different ways; suicides, car chases and arrests. Also, at times you can keep the cross-hair on the suspect long enough for the circle to complete a full turn, and they will surrender. (doesn't always work; sometimes you just got to shoot).

I like how when a suspect takes a hostage and you shoot him but do not kill, he will try to kill the hostage leaving you with 1-2 seconds to finish him off.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
whoa, whoa, whoa..... it's.... it's..... finally. here. i'm at a loss for words right now. that is all.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terraria's just about the most addictive thing I've ever played -- it's like Minecraft + Metroid + Harvest Moon.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Terraria's just about the most addictive thing I've ever played -- it's like Minecraft + Metroid + Harvest Moon.

I've seen vids and I still dont know what it's about.

You can damage the geography, and have MMO style grind for upgrades? What else can be said for it?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The street crimes are a good change of pace. Some a very short lived for how far you must drive to get there. I played a good one where I chased a perp to his car, only to shoot him in the back of the head as he was driving away. I felt like Steven Seagal.

So far I've spotted three actors from Mad Men, the fat guy from Heros, and a few other familiar faces I cant place names with. I'm really enjoying the game. I'm definitely going to get all the DLC that comes out for it.

Nananine

Reaction score
The street crimes are a good change of pace. Some a very short lived for how far you must drive to get there. I played a good one where I chased a perp to his car, only to shoot him in the back of the head as he was driving away. I felt like Steven Seagal.

So far I've spotted three actors from Mad Men, the fat guy from Heros, and a few other familiar faces I cant place names with. I'm really enjoying the game. I'm definitely going to get all the DLC that comes out for it.

Having played the whole thing now, I agree with you on the street crimes, but I never played another one after I made that post (except once to get the final unlock suit).

The game is very well written and manages to keep to noir's central themes. If this makes sequels and/or brings back the Adventure Game genre (alongside the efforts of Heavy Rain studio Quantic Dream's help), I will be very VERY happy.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen vids and I still dont know what it's about.

You can damage the geography, and have MMO style grind for upgrades? What else can be said for it?

It's like Minecraft but more about exploration and combat than building as its own end.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to go in on a Frozen Synapse two-pack on Steam with me. Ten bucks for maybe the best multiplayer strategy game ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads