• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemuine

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I think I will settle for the 6.5C then.

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nemuine
I'm somewhere between 6.5c and 7c on the brannock scale. What would be the best size to pick for the Alden 403 Indy boots?

That's my shoe size as well. Picked up the 403s in 6.5c. Had to have em stretched a bit by local cobble - in width -
are great now. Would likely have stretched on their own, but I just wanted to expedite the situation.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Alden boots Top Row: 405 Indy, Tobacco Chamois Indy, Black Cordovan Chukka Bottom Row: NST Ravello, Officer Boot in Kidskin, Black Indy
DSC00009-1.jpg
DSC00008.jpg

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just realized that I have 4 different animals represented in the boot collection

405 Indy - Cow
Tobacco Chamois Indy - Sheep
Black Cordovan Chukka - Horse
NST Ravello - Horse
Officer Boot in Kidskin - Goat
Black Indy - Cow

Note: Although both the Tobacco Indy and Officer Boot are on the trubalance last, both feel like they run tts. The Officer boot is size 12 and fits great. The Tobacco is size 11.5D but fits snug. I usually take a 11.5 in trubalance

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
The Alden boots

Top Row: 405 Indy, Tobacco Chamois Indy, Black Cordovan Chukka
Bottom Row: NST Ravello, Officer Boot in Kidskin, Black Indy
DSC00009-1.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Dude what do you wear your black chukkas with? I've been considering it. I want to wear casually and with suits occasionally

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now I have
#8 longwing
Ravello PTB
Ravello tassels
Tan PTB
403 Indy on commando

What should I get next
Whiskey PTB
Black cordo chukka
#8 LHS

I called around looking for some cigar today no one has it in my size

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Right now I have #8 longwing Ravello PTB Ravello tassels Tan PTB 403 Indy on commando What should I get next Whiskey PTB Black cordo chukka #8 LHS I called around looking for some cigar today no one has it in my size
You've got your PTBs and slip-ons covered. Go with the chukka.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Dude what do you wear your black chukkas with? I've been considering it. I want to wear casually and with suits occasionally
I reserve the chukkas for nasty weather. I have never worn them with a suit but I do wear them with a pair of dress slacks. They always look really nice and clean, not bulky. Actually, my nickname at work is "dapper" and I was first called that when I was wearing these boots. I just purchased the black shell ptb. I really like the look of smooth black shell. Looks damn sexy with just about anything

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
looking for some size 9 Indys... too slow on 2 now
ffffuuuu.gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cyc wid it
spam[1].gif
ffffuuuu.gif

facepalm.gif
ahh that sucks. What happened to the SFer that posted his pair on ebay? That was a great deal

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
facepalm.gif
ahh that sucks. What happened to the SFer that posted his pair on ebay? That was a great deal

The first SF'er I had a deal in place, but then he ended up giving them to his friend instead. That e-bay deal, I PM'ed him to see if I could buy it directly from him as I did't have an e-bay account. He said if it didn't sell there he'd sell it to me. I didn't think they would last so I decided to make an ebay account just for the Indys and they had already sold.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cyc wid it
spam[1].gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Just my 2 cents and I don't mean to offend you, but why don't you just purchase a pair brand new? That way you know you're getting a great boot and you'll have them for many years of great wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads