• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no plans to buy beer today but ended up coming home with
photo90.jpg

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchased a bottle of Alesmith IPA and a single 12oz bottle of Bigfoot Barelywine. 1st time i have seen Alesmith in NYC. Hope it is worth the money (7$) for the bomber.

Benzito

Reaction score
If anyone knows if they sell Caffrey's in the U.S., let me know. It was my regular go-to drink back in the day when I lived in London and it was here for a short time until those bitches at Coors dropped it.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Beers got from La Cave A Bulles in Paris. Such a cool shop with a bunch of beer geeks there. The owner was very nice and helpful.

photo89.jpg

Cool. If you get a chance to go back, ask for an Anostekà . Probably the best French beer i've had.

5741938356_11c6f1327c.jpg

svd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
All 3 are mediocre or worse IMO with Hellhound being complete ****. I don't like lemons in my beer damn it.

DFH makes some great beers. Whenever they start adding fruit or cloves, or charge $1+ per ounce I don't bother.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
Had Goose Island's Marisol the other day (it was a collaboration with Rick Bayless) http://www.rickbayless.com/news/view?articleID=179 It was pretty bad. I don't know about anyone else but I can't drink 312 on draft, it always has a skunky taste to me, and I found this to be very similar. It had a lot of nice elements going for it, but nothing ever popped. I had Goose Island's Madame Rose which was a collaboration with the Bristol last week and that was freakin fantastic! Other one I really enjoyed recently was Petrus's Aged Ale. Very sour, very very good. There isn't much about it that makes you think beer.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2011-05-28-19-49-20-244.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
How did you like the stout? have seen it in the store a few times around here.
I've had it before. I'd say its middle of the road. Not nearly as good as, say, Old Rasputin or Ten Fidy, but not terrible.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a 12 pack sampler of some Dundee beer and starting with the bold and bitter IPA. Not being a fan of hoppy or overly bitter beer I actually really enjoy this one. Sort of reminds me of Sierra Nevada.

2011-05-29-18-30-32-541.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I've had it before. I'd say its middle of the road. Not nearly as good as, say, Old Rasputin or Ten Fidy, but not terrible.
I agree with this statement...especially since I love Old Rasputin and had four of them before moving on to the Storm King. But for $10 a six pack I will certainly buy it again.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now trying the Kolsch-style ale. Not bad has some nice spiced banana flavors but over all it falls a bit flat.

2011-05-29-19-22-32-312.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads