• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxbxw

Reaction score
So i'm kinda new to this. Looking for any comments on the outfit, positive or negative
smile.gif
. Posted this on the last page but deleted by accident.
vad0b.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working from home in 90 degree heat on a holiday weekend.
IMG_6039.JPG
IMG_6048.jpg
IMG_6045.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
photography is probably the major part of it (people tend to look a lot better in person though)
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
while I actually kinda agree with you on this I think a lot of gn's **** just doesn't fit very well, he has weird proportions and mediocre photography doesn't help with that. it probably looks a bit better in person but..I dunno
Totally agree with you guys about the photography playing a huge role. A large part of how stylish you look is related to how you stand and move. Posing for a still picture can never capture this. Thus I would guess graphic looks better in person than his pictures imply. But one really needs to try wearing a lot of different things in order to discover what suits you best. Thus I frequently view the sf uniform as a sign the wearer has never undergone much of this process. This is similar to the guy in the office wearing his tan colored chinos with a blue button down shirt. He has succeeded at adhering to the rules of good taste and appropriateness as laid out by the authorities (i.e. his superiors). And if he is a member of this forum, he may have gone further by wearing high quality pieces with impeccable fit. While he may dress well, he is not stylish. To be stylish would be to assert his individuality, as if subtly saying to everyone around them "the rules do simply not apply to me." The corporate world largely shuns such sentiments.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cxbxw
So i'm kinda new to this. Looking for any comments on the outfit, positive or negative
smile.gif
. Posted this on the last page but deleted by accident.

Pretty nice casual fit, although I think if would look better with a button down. Everything looks like it fits you well.
Originally Posted by jwied82
DSC00732.jpg

One of my favorite fits from you. I'd vote for a shirt in a slightly drab color to go with the hat and shoes, though. Mind if I ask what the cap is?

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next destination still hot and humid...

Picture2398-1.jpg

Picture2433.jpg

Picture2425.jpg

Moving on to next target location...
Picture2435.jpg

Picture2443-1.jpg

Stay cool, folks.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
This got me curious since I am in the same position, what are the rules or guidelines of wearing suits/blazers casually? I ask because my Prorsum blazer is super nice but the the sleeves are way too long and since it has functional cuffs, it'll be difficult to get it altered from the shoulders. I'm thinking of ways to wear it w/o it looking sloppy. I can imagine the extra long sleeves working with goth-ninja aesthetic but when it crosses the line of being preppy, how can that work?

since its prorsum, start by looking how christopher bailey wears them. he often wears a blazer and iirc ive seen pics where his sleeves are too long, and with a t-shirt or shirt untucked.

oops.. just saw nil beat me to it.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Working from home in 90 degree heat on a holiday weekend.
IMG_6039.JPG
IMG_6048.jpg
IMG_6045.jpg
At least you're looking good while doing it. Like the wingtips! Not quite as hot here, but still hot enough to warrant shorts.
100_2514.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
My tailor charges $120-$140 and I don't trust him with this kind of work, I just haven't seen him do it and I'm not sure I'd want to experiment with this piece.

Sleeves definitely too long though, not sure I can wear it unaltered. Shoulders might be a tad too wide too.
kc5Sf.jpg

they don't even look that long if you just wanna wear it over a t.

Originally Posted by mike868y
are you wearing a sweater over a polo?

what's wrong with that?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Pretty nice casual fit, although I think if would look better with a button down. Everything looks like it fits you well.

One of my favorite fits from you. I'd vote for a shirt in a slightly drab color to go with the hat and shoes, though. Mind if I ask what the cap is?

Very much agreed. Normally I'd probably say it would probably look better with the shirt tucked, but it's short enough to work

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
what's wrong with that?

never said there was anything wrong with it, although I agree with whoever above said they'd prefer it with a button up as opposed to a polo.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hometown elementary school steez put some pegs on my old dirt jumping bike since it was the only one not in pieces to see if i had any flatland in me still
2b9205bb.jpg
36feb708.jpg
james perse junya pierre hardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads