• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najee D.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I thought this was cool, looks like something I would wear in the fall, w/some changes

Yeah, that's normally a fall thing, but it was a whopping 48 degrees here in Chicago (and it'll be 90+ tomorrow, literally). Could've definitely used a different pair of stomps, though.

Stoppy

Reaction score
23274969zvK.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
graphic: you buy all the sf approved things it seems but you wear it all wrong (constructive criticism)

Perhaps his fits would be better if he did NOT slavishly buy sf approved stuff? Your impression that he "wears it wrong" is likely due more to him wearing brands/pieces that don't match his personality and physique as opposed to poor skills at pairing and wearing his clothes.

I am reminded of how awful snake looked wearing W+H, then he started wearing Japanese brands and *bamb* his look improved dramatically overnight! Whereas by contrast slack tide looks great wearing W+H.

The practice following the clothing consensus of your peers in an effort to wear so called appropriate and acceptable clothing is responsible for the majority of bad style. And this is every bit as common among peers on this forum as it is among peers in the workplace or school. Just because there are a few more seemingly stylish and outspoken people here in this forum it does not elevate the consensus to some higher level that's stylish and applicable for most people.

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Johnh123, you would be styleforum approved if you bought a couple TOJ's. (0). Let me both swag you out and lift you from this self imposed troll kingdom you live in.

See above.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
while I actually kinda agree with you on this I think a lot of gn's **** just doesn't fit very well, he has weird proportions and mediocre photography doesn't help with that. it probably looks a bit better in person but..I dunno

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with BB1, but I have no clue what graphic would look good in cuz of the blurry pic and cuz his personality is hard to pinpoint.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I think this is one of your weakest fits and the jacket doesn't seem to fit all that great in this pic.

I feel snake's fit looks fine. Not his best, but by no means one of his weakest.

Frankly I'm sick of how any fit involving a jacket with lapels is held to a higher standard which must have the perfect shoulder fit, the perfect gap around the neck, and the perfect sleeve length. It's not a formal suit he's wearing and never claimed to be such. I just see it as a casual jacket/layer with some slightly dressier overtones.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Frankly I'm sick of how any fit involving a jacket with lapels is held to a higher standard which must have the perfect shoulder fit, the perfect gap around the neck, and the perfect sleeve length. It's not a formal suit he's wearing and never claimed to be such. I just see it as a casual jacket/layer with some slightly dressier overtones.

This got me curious since I am in the same position, what are the rules or guidelines of wearing suits/blazers casually? I ask because my Prorsum blazer is super nice but the the sleeves are way too long and since it has functional cuffs, it'll be difficult to get it altered from the shoulders. I'm thinking of ways to wear it w/o it looking sloppy. I can imagine the extra long sleeves working with goth-ninja aesthetic but when it crosses the line of being preppy, how can that work?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at Prorsum's runway shots, most of the blazers/suits shown have elongated sleeves, especially those worn by Christopher Bailey himself.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFX, a good tailor can shorten the sleeves from the shoulder.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Take it to my tailor on wilshire no problem with working cuffs he can do it two ways for you.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I feel snake's fit looks fine. Not his best, but by no means one of his weakest.

I think the higher standard is reasonable in a formal setting, but as a casual jacket, I feel there's isn't a need to have that perfect fit. And the jacket I'm wearing is far from traditional (see through linen construction, curved arm seams, snap buttons, ect). To be honest it's one of the best fitting jackets I own as it's incredibly difficult to find one that fits me well.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
RFX, a good tailor can shorten the sleeves from the shoulder.

My tailor charges $120-$140 and I don't trust him with this kind of work, I just haven't seen him do it and I'm not sure I'd want to experiment with this piece.

Originally Posted by Nil
Look at Prorsum's runway shots, most of the blazers/suits shown have elongated sleeves, especially those worn by Christopher Bailey himself.

Sleeves definitely too long though, not sure I can wear it unaltered. Shoulders might be a tad too wide too.
kc5Sf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads