• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge 3.5 mile in 24:04

Its just over a minute better than my time last year and I was rather surprised as I have literally been running 3 times since then (two times in the last few weeks and one time many months ago).

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my cast off yesterday. First time I have seen my left leg from the knee down in 3 weeks. They removed 58 stitches and put me in a boot.
My leg is literally shrunk, my calf is pitiful and my upper leg is about the size it was before I started running.
FOK.
I am bound and determined to heal and get back to it quick. I have very limited motion because the joint is so swollen.
Im so glad the rest of you all are rocking it!

BTW, my little brother is in the Ski to Sea race in WA this weekend. You should check it out, its super cool. He does the alpine skiing portion (1500 vert of climbing in boots and carrying skis), he usually gets 4th out of 500 in his leg.
Any how, keep the fire blazing.

Raf Simmons

Reaction score
^get well soon, dude
fing02[1].gif

3.3 miles today

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles today, slept in and it got too hot to go much longer. 12-15 tomorrow most likely, need to get an earlier start.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 at marathon pace yesterday, probably about the same on tap for today.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran 3 miles this morning, then my knee started killing me so I walked the last mile home. Would a knee brace help? I am not entirely sure what is going on, it's pinching a nerve or something. Also on the walk back, my arch started throbbing and I could barely walk. If I had my phone I would have called my wife to come pick me up
frown.gif

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I ran 3 miles this morning, then my knee started killing me so I walked the last mile home. Would a knee brace help? I am not entirely sure what is going on, it's pinching a nerve or something. Also on the walk back, my arch started throbbing and I could barely walk. If I had my phone I would have called my wife to come pick me up
frown.gif

If the pain was bad enough that it affected your stride you probably want to ice it, rest it and see a doctor if it continues to hurt.
6 miles today easy

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles in 25 minutes.

First run in my new Altra Instinct shoes which have a zero heel to toe drop. Very roomy in the toes.

jwied82

Reaction score
6 x 1 mile tonight at the track: 5:37, 5:25, 5:22, 5:14, 5:22, 5:22. Didnt feel so great at the beginning of the workout and thought i would stop after 3 or 4 miles, but eventually i started feeling better and the last 3 were a bit easier and more relaxed than the first three.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep healin' AR! I'm on a down cycle myself. I think my body has just about had it, I've reached it's age where I just can't do what I used to. My run today was 11.2 miles, slow as ****, and I really felt the heat in the second half. I feel ok now, very hungry (about to eat) but this was a run that I would do 4-5 times a week, now, ooof.

Anyway, Memorial Day run took me from the American Veterans Memorial Pier to the Memorial Monument at Bensonhurst Park and back. My grandfather, who served proudly in WWii and was a shell of himself when he returned lived with my gramma and mom and uncle just across the street, so it was a nice personal touch for me. Sorry for the boring anecdotes, and for the pics if they bug y'all:

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

and on my cooldown (I'm really not that white, just plastered myself with sun screen)
IMG_2989.jpg

Fresh tatt wrapped in a cut sock to prevent it from cooking
and this beauty:
IMG_2991.jpg

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 yesterday, 4 today, just trying to keep some semblance of routine going between barbecued meat and beer festivals this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads