• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tumblr_lh7m2vYU0L1qgutswo1_400.jpg

^ If this guy wore shoes, these are what he'd be sportin' . . .

Originally Posted by isshinryu101
My favorite Pebble Grain Wingtips. Again, not your "every day" grain, but this'll certainly keep you regular.
IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS

If??? Of course he wears shoes, that's what shoe trees do
uhoh.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Meister...thank you for your kind words of appreciation

Fritzl said it well...double monks are the ugliest out there

I love this monk and am glad I stayed away from the Goyser stitching

Meister, in case you were wondering, I have a black calf wing tip version of this same monk...and its the most comfortable monk I own. Its not aesthetically pleasing to your tastes...but IMO, these shoes rock
inlove.gif

Fair enough...just a comment on the shape ...nuttin' poisonal...that's you and that's beautiful.
smile.gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hai Guys. Got a new camera and though I would take some pictures of the new kicks. Also snapped some pictures of older shoes, but thought I would include those in here as well! What else is one to do with a new camera than take photos to upload on teh StyleForvm. So a package arrived, and inside were these beautiful bags...
P1000004-1.jpg
But inside the bags...
P1000005-1.jpg
P1000006-1.jpg
Seamless!
P1000007-2.jpg
P1000009-1.jpg
And a fit pic.
P1000016-1.jpg
And on to the other pr0n...
P1000010-1.jpg
P1000011-1.jpg
P1000012-1.jpg
P1000013-1.jpg
Compared with my older pics I am pretty pleased!
2011-04-15_14-18-31_458.jpg

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS

true that - real oak bark soles

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
P1000010.jpg
P1000011.jpg
2011-04-15_14-18-31_458.jpg

Excellent photography & excellent shoes. I really like these, a classic style. That toe and top stitch is beautifully done.
IMG_1363.jpg
IMG_1366.jpg

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Sponsored by Adobe?

Nope they are just a really crazy color of green. They are made by Happy Socks. I got them as part of a 2-pack of green socks on joyofsocks.com. The other green color is more of a hunter green.

The photo was taken with my iPhone but the color is pretty true-to-life.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And a fit pic.

P1000016.jpg

nice score, wear them in good health

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
Excellent photography & excellent shoes. I really like these, a classic style. That toe and top stitch is beautifully done.

Thanks isshinryu, I really like yours as well. I have been debating buying a more 'Italianate' shoe for a while, particularly one with norvegese stitching, and those shoes that you have are kind of what I have been looking for. I will keep the thread updated on my quest!

Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Some nice shoes you got!
cheers.gif

Thank you! Not bad for a 23 year old eh? (I have been collecting since I was ~18 or so).

Originally Posted by fritzl
nice score, wear them in good health

Thanks fritzl, I am proud to finally own a pair of shoes that are fritzl approved. This is my first foray into the A-H shoe 'world,' and I have to say, I prefer these to pretty much any shoe that I own. They just have so much charm... a word I never thought I would use to describe a shoe! They just feel handmade, if that makes any sense. Like someone actually spent time crafting them. I look forward to visiting Austria (I hope) this summer, and possibly visiting some other shoemakers of the A-H ilk.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks fritzl, I am proud to finally own a pair of shoes that are fritzl approved. This is my first foray into the A-H shoe 'world,' and I have to say, I prefer these to pretty much any shoe that I own. They just have so much charm... a word I never thought I would use to describe a shoe! They just feel handmade, if that makes any sense. Like someone actually spent time crafting them. I look forward to visiting Austria (I hope) this summer, and possibly visiting some other shoemakers of the A-H ilk.

you're welcome.

i'm really glad for you, that you took the chance to discover, what i've been talking about ever since.

when you have your travel dates available, please let me know, probably we can have a drink, if you don't mind.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas
Nope they are just a really crazy color of green. They are made by Happy Socks. I got them as part of a 2-pack of green socks on joyofsocks.com. The other green color is more of a hunter green.

The photo was taken with my iPhone but the color is pretty true-to-life.

Wow.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X post from Vass thread. Definitely not enough monk discussion at the moment....
wink.gif
DSC_0302.JPG
DSC_0306.JPG
DSC_0307.JPG
DSC_0308.JPG

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^ ****, those are nice Stephen. Newcomer, you have that arsenal at 23???
confused.gif

Combination of several factors really. Working for a clothing company throughout college and getting free clothes, having zero expenses and college scholarships / law school scholarships, and working since I was fourteen. Everyone has their hobbies. Really, as long as one waits and rewards themselves every once in a while, the damage is not terrible! Also, I was fortunate enough to score those Vass from B&S and the G&G's from Edwards of Machester during the 'low pound' period a year and a bit ago. The G&G's were ~<800 if I am not mistaken with trees! And my folks / lady friends have known what to get me for birthdays / christmases / graduations for quite some time!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics