• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

kraands

Reaction score
Made a few good purchases at CM yesterday. I gotta say I am more and more impressed with their stuff. Of all the mall brands, CM fits me best off the rack (with the exception of H&M, but I've had it with their quality). This cardigan was originally marked at $150, I bought it for a mere $50, PLUS my 20% student discount. Not sure if I'm gonna keep this or not. It's a size small but it has a drop shoulder which bothers me and it feels overall too loose in the waist. Anyone else have this sweater?
24bea1df.jpg
Got this "Italian yarn" v-neck sweater for only $20, originally $80.
d20e6ebd.jpg

s3lam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
The oxford chambrays are on sale ?! I've been waiting for them to drop in sale. They were like 120 bucks last time I went. They fit me amazing though.
Originally Posted by cb_32
yeah, they are down to 39.99
Just checking if we are talking about the oxfords with the exposed selvage chest pocket?

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kraands
Made a few good purchases at CM yesterday. I gotta say I am more and more impressed with their stuff. Of all the mall brands, CM fits me best off the rack (with the exception of H&M, but I've had it with their quality). This cardigan was originally marked at $150, I bought it for a mere $50, PLUS my 20% student discount. Not sure if I'm gonna keep this or not. It's a size small but it has a drop shoulder which bothers me and it feels overall too loose in the waist. Anyone else have this sweater?[/IMG]
That was the cardigan I said I tried on in a previous post. I think CM's sweaters run big, so if you can find an XS, that might actually fit better. The cardigan I tried on was a small, but felt like a medium to large.

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
That was the cardigan I said I tried on in a previous post. I think CM's sweaters run big, so if you can find an XL, that might actually fit better. The cardigan I tried on was a small, but felt like a medium to large.

Oh didn't your post. Yeah it seems like they run big. I asked the sales guy if they had an XS I could try on and they didn't, this was the last one they had. But the v-neck sweater I got is a small and it fits great, not big at all, very slimming.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
Even if you don't live close, you can actually order through e-mail/phone with one of the personal shoppers listed on the website (no extra charge).

I did this once when I was looking for a coat that was only available at the NYC flagship store (it was apparently limited edition or some crap). I sent an e-mail and they were very helpful - sent alternate photos when I asked for them, clarified measurements, descriptions, etc. Then they shipped it. You can also get student discount and they let you know if the item is on sale.

thats good to know man, thanks.

how does their xs shirting fit compare to uniqlo?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
thats good to know man, thanks.

how does their xs shirting fit compare to uniqlo?

it'll be way too long on you mikey. I can barely pull of the XS CB shirts length wise.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
it'll be way too long on you mikey. I can barely pull of the XS CB shirts length wise.
+1 its hit or miss on whether I can pull off their xs shirts length-wise and I'm 5'8.. they'd be waaaay too long on you. I'm considering hacking an inch or two of length off one of the cheap flannels I picked up this winter and seeing how that works out. Also, picked up a couple things - the shawl collared harrington - a pair of the kennedy fit chinos that were on sale for a little over 30. Trying to decide whether I'll leave them as-is or have them tapered down (right now the LO is a hair under 8).

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kraands
Oh didn't your post. Yeah it seems like they run big. I asked the sales guy if they had an XS I could try on and they didn't, this was the last one they had. But the v-neck sweater I got is a small and it fits great, not big at all, very slimming.

Keep in mind it's possible it's supposed to fit big. Still, it just felt too big on me.

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
im a xs cm and a s in +j uniqlo. 36 chest

I usually wear an XS in CM shirts and sweaters, and S in blazers and outerwear. I agree that their stuff usually runs long, but that ends up working out well for me because the XS fits me really well in the body and, unlike something like J. Crew, the arms are actually long enough. I'm 5'11, 150 lbs, 38" chest

kraands

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Keep in mind it's possible it's supposed to fit big. Still, it just felt too big on me.

Agreed. That's basically what the sales guy said.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the NYC folks, which CM store do you go to for these sales?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads