• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paleo diet

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. This thread brings the full marsupialation.
facepalm.gif

First of all, this wittering on about evolution and diet is frankly ridiculous -- we are omnivores, full stop. No doubt there are diets you can dream up that would be deleterious to health, but not many of them (if any) will result in preventing you from reproducing, and without that there is no evolutionary pressure.

Furthermore, trying to rationalize one's own lifestyle decisions with respect to diet by citing historical precedent, varying cultural norms and a host of scientific studies is grotesquely self-involved and frankly ludicrous. It tells us far more about the psychology of the poster than it ever will about history, anthropology or science.

Finally, trying to dogmatically convince others about what they should and should not put in their mouths goes beyond simple narcissism and veers into other psychological disorders. Feh.
plain.gif

I eat what I eat because it is best for me based on my own experience. If you do otherwise, you are welcome to your own folly.

/rant

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I add eg1 to my list of most reasonable members.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
I add eg1 to my list of most reasonable members.

That's funny as his post pretty much eviscerated all of yours.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Don't fear, there is a very special list that I place you on, Piobaire. Rest assured, you are one of one.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't fear, there is a very special list that I place you on, Piobaire. Rest assured, you are one of one.

inlove.gif
You too.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I get the impression he either does not realize these things or does not care, considering how many times his points have been eviscerated in this thread.
confused.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I get the impression he either does not realize these things or does not care, considering how many times his points have been eviscerated in this thread.
confused.gif

I still like him as he's earnest. You too, Mouse!
inlove.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I still like him as he's earnest. You too, Mouse!
inlove.gif

laugh.gif
Well I always say I like watching your work in these threads when I am not on the receiving end.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

Please, show me where my points have actually been eviscerated. I think you are just making yourself believe they've been because you don't agree with me.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inlove.gif
You too.

The interesting thing is that I actually have a reason to distinguish you from other members (constant unprovoked insults toward me and my intelligence), however, any reason you have for separating me from the rest of the board is coming internally from your own imagination, as I have remained calm and composed toward you, trying to be friendly, even after being called an idiot. Going so far as to send you a PM offering my thanks for taking the time to discuss, however rudely, a certain topic with me, which you couldn't even respond to. I'd say you have more of a problem with yourself than you actually do with me.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Please, show me where my points have actually been eviscerated. I think you are just making yourself believe they've been because you don't agree with me.

Sure, read this thread.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, read this thread.
You can't do it, can you? I'd like to mention that most of the incredibly inane arguments you made in this thread I chose to completely ignore. So, I do apologize for not allowing you the chance to further eviscerate me and my pointless logic.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can't do it, can you?

I'd like to mention that most of the incredibly inane arguments you made in this thread I chose to completely ignore. So, I do apologize for not allowing you the chance to further eviscerate me and my pointless logic.

laugh.gif
Do you really want me to make a list for you? It's almost every post in this thread after you joined in on the fun.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Do you really want me to make a list for you? It's almost every post in this thread after you joined in on the fun.

Yes. I want a list (compiled alphabetically, please) of arguments I've made, and then the instance of evisceration of said arguments.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a masterful quote by Gibonius (a most knowledgeable poster, I might add) in the sugar thread that sums up the attitudes perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads