• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
btw rfx, i bought that blistered intarsia

Nice, probably would have insta-copped too if it were my size. Price is too good to pass up.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think only certain RO leathers look fine with other clothes. You definitely can't pull off a bauhaus, berger, high collar, and even a mollino in some cases with plain ****. Plus, I think more RO paired with the leather is just more natural. I also think Julius leathers in particular are quite cartoony. To me they are a bit overdistressed at times, and some of them stand out too much for my liking. Their short sleeve cuts on some of them just doesnt make sense as well. I think asides from SS-FW09, and some motos, especially the SS10 one.. there is very little to be impressed about, plus they are highly demanding of more Julius clothing when put on. From my uneducated and inexperienced standpoint it seems Julius trumps RO in quality, but it hasn't really created notable designs that are able to be reproduced every year while having people coming to them. That says a lot about the beauty in the minimal design. Julius is a bit overdone at times I'd say, i.e. number of zippers, treatment, cut, color choices, number of seams. RO seems to push it to a certain limit that says what it wants to, without trying too hard. I use to hate the stooges cuz I thought it was just a lame classic biker leather, but once I got it I noticed the beauty behind the design. new fanboy I guess
shog[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The version of the stooges in a shrunken leather (goat maybe?) with a huge fur collar, I think it's from FW07 or so - that was good, but I think subsequent versions of the Stooges have not been good. Theres one in a very plain looking oiled calf or something that makes it look very plain and awkward (not to mention the comically long sleeves when you see it IRL) - patterns like those do make sense when when they're gonna get washed to bits and skewed every which way, but without the distressing, I think it looks really odd. Pocket placement, sleeve length like I said, all of the details.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ i have it but also have 38 inch arms so all good

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah those sleeves dont actually pass my fingers

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Mollino and most intarsias can be worn with non-RO and non-goth clothes. I've worn my Mollino with Dior jeans and Lanvin hi-tops and I think it isn't bad at all.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The version of the stooges in a shrunken leather (goat maybe?) with a huge fur collar, I think it's from FW07 or so - that was good, but I think subsequent versions of the Stooges have not been good. Theres one in a very plain looking oiled calf or something that makes it look very plain and awkward (not to mention the comically long sleeves when you see it IRL) - patterns like those do make sense when when they're gonna get washed to bits and skewed every which way, but without the distressing, I think it looks really odd. Pocket placement, sleeve length like I said, all of the details.

It's washed lamb, well mine is. Def one of the best looking leathers I've seen but price was absurdly expensive and QC was, once again, ****; I had to get my tailor to remove some of the lining because it would puff out and show at the sleeve. It gets better with time as I've worn it under the rain or snow and it has never been washed.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really, really want an instarsia in oiled calf (Or horse) with a moto collar. Probably will pick up one of the lambskin moto collar instarsias at some point for warmer weather use in case the dream FW instarsia never comes into existence.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane

I also think Julius leathers in particular are quite cartoony. To me they are a bit overdistressed at times, and some of them stand out too much for my liking.

I always thought Julius' sort of anime/video game post-apocalyptic vibe was kind of the point? The entire aesthetic is pretty cartoony

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still stand by the fact that FF Versus XIII should had Julius do the character's wardrobe instead of Roen. Would came to the same result.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I always thought Julius' sort of anime/video game post-apocalyptic vibe was kind of the point? The entire aesthetic is pretty cartoony
I really don't view it that way at all, but I can see how someone would see it that way.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I think Mollino and most intarsias can be worn with non-RO and non-goth clothes. I've worn my Mollino with Dior jeans and Lanvin hi-tops and I think it isn't bad at all.
Yup. That and his motos. easy to pull off without RO errrything. one thing I DONT understand tho is the ppl that say 'what a poser, don't own anything from RO but just one of his leathers'. That's marsupialed. Too lazy to go back and quote ****, but it's been said quite a few times. kunk-how much did you kop that RO for yoox for?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got my stooges, this lamb is so buttery soft and even though it's an xs it stretches well unlike the washed lamb, which is a bit contricting and needs breaking in. This one is very wearable and the sleeves isn't as long in the xs.
DE3jz.jpg
zGphm.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads