• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porto's Potato Balls, cheese danish, sourdough baguette

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anbody tried 85C bakery cafe in Irvine?

Soo friggin good. There is a line there too though.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
I need some Doughboys cheesecake.

Looks like they opened another Doughboys down the street on 3rd...bakery only. wooooooo

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I may have to drop buy if Alberto is playing soda jerk. I'll try to drop by with my kid.
I had forgotten to include you on the original invite but when Shell, J, and Kelvin came over you were the first name to be brought up. Did you ever make it out? I'll be back there helping (read: drinking) and scooping in a few months. BTW, after months and months of you mentioning Big Mista's I finally tried it on Sunday. Wow. I'd put it up at #2 of the best BBQ in LA (or ever) with Bludso's still at #1. Really, really great stuff.
Originally Posted by jet
I'm going to stop by but Alby won't know it's me.
Shame you didn't come out. I treated Kelv and the girl to some ridiculous tacos down the street. Dinner at Rustic also delivered. I finally got around to Mozza before catching my flight. Pricey but I was amazed that it stood up to the hype. Perfect crust.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn, kelvy didn't tell me he was with you guys.

Next time fo sho dawg pg told me you left the next day?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^cool, yeah can't make it during the week

Been wanting mozza for a couple weeks so we went, sat right down ordered the two usuals plus one we hadn't got in awhile and hit the spot as usual. It was a good day.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I had forgotten to include you on the original invite but when Shell, J, and Kelvin came over you were the first name to be brought up. Did you ever make it out? I'll be back there helping (read: drinking) and scooping in a few months.

BTW, after months and months of you mentioning Big Mista's I finally tried it on Sunday. Wow. I'd put it up at #2 of the best BBQ in LA (or ever) with Bludso's still at #1. Really, really great stuff...

No I didn't make it over there unfortunately. Maybe next time. And yes, Big Mista's is great. I haven't tried Bludo's yet but it's on the list.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
checked out "The Market" at Santa Monica place. Pretty gimmicky..don't really have that "artisan" vibe, more of an upscale food court. had a few guys walking around in chef hats, seemed too vanilla for some reason, but its Santa Monica.... Can't see wanting to visit there regularly. The farmers markets (main street and on the promenade) are way better.

I did buy a loaf of bread at Rockenwagen, which was really good. Also a great $3 chocolate chip cookie (had a huge chocolate chip in it..but it was just "Regular sized".

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
2Q3x7l.jpg

3nQLal.jpg

qEZIMl.jpg

srgprod

Reaction score
Had THE best cookie I ever had at the Farm Shop, Brentwood.

Oatmeal, cranberry and walnuts. So perfect! It took me about 20 minutes to eat it. I didn't want it to end. Each flavor melding into each other over and over again. One of the most amazing experiences.

A must try.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
checked out "The Market" at Santa Monica place. Pretty gimmicky..don't really have that "artisan" vibe, more of an upscale food court. had a few guys walking around in chef hats, seemed too vanilla for some reason, but its Santa Monica.... Can't see wanting to visit there regularly. The farmers markets (main street and on the promenade) are way better.

I did buy a loaf of bread at Rockenwagen, which was really good. Also a great $3 chocolate chip cookie (had a huge chocolate chip in it..but it was just "Regular sized".

Sorry to hear that. Was kind of hoping it'd have a Dean and Deluca vibe or something.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
Sorry to hear that. Was kind of hoping it'd have a Dean and Deluca vibe or something.

It may as it fills out a little more. they had just opened a few days earlier...but not really counting on it....

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Here's what most of you missed at the Paradis grand opening:
IMG_4454.jpg
IMG_4458.jpg
IMG_4500.jpg
Rustic Canyon (Thanks, PG2G) meet up:
IMG_4541.jpg
The Neimann Ranch burger was great but...
IMG_4544.jpg
The BBQ burger was where it was at. THICK bacon, jalapeños, a bbq sauce that stayed the hell out of the way of the taste of the burger... Like Get Smart put it, it was like a Carl's Jr Western BBQ burger on steroids. On my list of top 3 burgers I've had.

Jawsh

Reaction score
This is the wrong thread to read at 2 in the morning when you are hungry.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads