• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
5762379282_fcaaa94012_z.jpg

Is this a tree of pot behind you?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Unlined 6fold by Gshen
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

cdb46e32.jpg

47a11a72.jpg

I love you this big, guys.
inlove.gif

Love the shoes, and the stripes! Tell us about the stripes...do they have a specific name....call me uneducated, but eager to learn. Who is the suit maker?

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catching up on this thread:

Originally Posted by spoozy
5754195757_621a95e9a1_z.jpg

5757848069_2a42bd29eb_z.jpg

Two very strong fits from you, though the scruffy turn-ups spoil the second one for me. If the bottom looked as smart as the top, this would be killer.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Mortgagee1.JPG

Mortgagee2.JPG

Like this as it is. With a knit tie, I'd love it.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
D8tJt.jpg
Nice but the top half is, dare I say it, a little monochromatic. I know that's rich coming from me, but a more contrasting tie would have gone well here.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110525120.jpg

Is there a grey suit/lighter blue shirt/darker blue tie combo that doesn't look good? If there is, I haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by srivats
I think you'll look better with lesser waist suppression, gshen.
+1. Looks a bit extreme in that pic.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I'd taken pics yesterday, as it was the first linen suit day of the year... but no time. Instead you'll have to make do with today's standard fit:

DSC02008.jpg
DSC02009.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
47a11a72.jpg

^I love the shoes, shirt, and tie, but apparently I am in the minority in thinking the stripes on the suit make it look dated (if it were a normal pin or chalk stripe it'd be AG). Also, I think the trouser is too trim below the knee and makes you look top heavy in conjunction with the coat.

Originally Posted by mrjames
It's a pretty obscure make, you've probably never heard of them...

They're handmade in Germany by a company called reiz- this model is called 'Krocus' (if I remember correctly)

Yup, never heard of them. Very nice at any rate.

DMV1.JPG

^This is great. You have done a very nice job editing your wardrobe.

Originally Posted by David Reeves
5761754171_4b0aeac517.jpg

Cool photo.

Originally Posted by gshen
go_quote.gif
[.static.flickr.com/2755/5761837019_785e2f9075_z.jpg[/img][/url]

^Absolutely flawless in my book (maybe a lil too nipped at the waist).

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Diggin the pants, HF.

Thanks; your multi-coloured flat cap is so much fun and your style works with it. Sadly, flat caps make me look daft. I think for my style, I need to be a bit older before I can work the flat cap.

Originally Posted by gregaz
You seem to have two fits - drapey HF and slim HF. This appears to be the latter, and personally I like it better on you.

This is pretty accurate, in terms of having two different silhouettes. Perhaps counter-intuitively, my slimmer stuff tends to be summery, and the more relaxed stuff tends to be wintery. Not a hard and fast rule, but I've noticed I naturally tend to pick items that way. Maybe one day, the seasons will harmonise?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Those trousers of yours make the fit - good choice!
Originally Posted by niidawg3
this is very nice HF. I like the choice in pants. Picks off the check really well.

Thanks, both! That was indeed the thought behind the pairing.

Originally Posted by inlandisland
I am in the early stages of teaching myself how to make clothing. SF was a big part of driving me to do so. Here is my first effort - a pair of pants.

Interesting project you've given yourself. Good luck with it!

Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
May do a full week of WAYWRN soon for ***** and giggles.

Do it; it's nice to have a good variety of looks.

Originally Posted by aeglus
Thought I'd stick this one over the fence and see the reactions.

Objectively, I really appreciate it. The textures are interesting, the colours co-ordinate well, and the pieces mesh well to create a somewhat urban vibe. On that level, I really like it. Would never want to wear it personally, but that's a totally separate matter.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
acrid_526_1.gif

You're going to give me nightmares...
frown.gif

cdb46e32.jpg
[/SPOILER]

You know I dig your style, but this is a miss for me.

The suit stripes appear garish, even from a distance, and the natural "rumpledness" of that unlined tie appears to be fighting the sharpness of the suit.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110525120.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Fit is really good.

I'm becoming increasingly allergic to the stylistic details of patch pockets on suits, as opposed to their use on odd jackets, though. Very anti-SF of me, I know...

Originally Posted by niidawg3
b1139a64.jpg

The pocket square is too intricate/coloured for this I think. A bit rich coming from me, I know, but still!

DMV1.JPG
Does the tie have a navy background or a black one. Perhaps controversially, I would prefer it if it's a black background. Navy is still good too, of course, but I think black would be a step up.

5761908264_d880dcfae8_z.jpg
Very fun. Nice for an al fresco lunch somewhere sunny.

Originally Posted by srivats
I think you'll look better with lesser waist suppression, gshen.

+1

Originally Posted by luftvier
Time for CSD (Courtroom Summer Dress).

Wonderfully summery.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Nice but the top half is, dare I say it, a little monochromatic. I know that's rich coming from me, but a more contrasting tie would have gone well here.

If that's the case, I don't know which ones us needs a health check more!

Actually, I did think about using a burgundy tie with a similar small pattern to the one I wore, but it didn't look right; fought the jacket's pattern a bit too much. Perhaps if I had a burgundy grenadine or tussah or something like that.

Wish I'd taken pics yesterday, as it was the first linen suit day of the year... but no time. Instead you'll have to make do with today's standard fit

Damn, I think I'm the one who needs the check-up... I'd prefer this with a white square instead of the ?teal one you're wearing.
laugh.gif

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG, that looks very, very good, even for you.

It puzzles me a little that mtm looks better than bespoke on you but I guess that says more about my idealistic idea of bespoke than anything else.

Especially the shirt collar is the best I've seen on you so far and the ones before never looked bad.

The one thing that could still be improved imho is the shape/size of the lapels. Wider maybe? But really, this is about as good as it gets.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
not likely my friend not likely.

if it helps any your jacket is awesome and the outfit/fit is spot on, one of your better posts if i may say so

lol8[1].gif

Thanks!

Like this as it is. With a knit tie, I'd love it.

That was my second choice, of course. One of my knits...I tried a copper colored one. It worked, but I preferred yellow. I don't have yellow knit.

Originally Posted by ndw

^This is great. You have done a very nice job editing your wardrobe.

Thanks, Nick.

Originally Posted by Holdfast

Does the tie have a navy background or a black one. Perhaps controversially, I would prefer it if it's a black background. Navy is still good too, of course, but I think black would be a step up.

It is 100% black, HF. I already wore the blue polka dot this week.
lol8[1].gif

MIke

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is 100% black, HF. I already wore the blue polka dot this week.
lol8[1].gif

Excellent! It is definitely the right choice for that outfit. Great look.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JDMills

Reaction score
Spoo you look bad ass, but you always seem to look pimp in pinstripes, great choice of everything those shoes are just
drool.gif
, what are they JL?

mrjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Yup, never heard of them. Very nice at any rate.

this was a joke btw, a parody of the 'how many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulb' joke- surprised no one picked up on it

but seriously they are great glasses, but very rare- only 2 shops that stock them in the whole of the uk

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My Bryan Ferry homage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads