• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

payoffwizard

Reaction score
I'd just like an opinion on the fit of this shirt... from what you can see of course. These are the best fitting shirts I've found off the rack so far within my budget, it's not in my head is it? Haha.
photo-45.jpg
Don't mind the tie. I know it's heinous. Probably late 90s-ish Giorgio Armani.
lol8[1].gif

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ shirt fits pretty well. the tie though...it's hard to ignore!
biggrin.gif

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
^^^ shirt fits pretty well. the tie though...it's hard to ignore!
biggrin.gif

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Too much fabric everywhere. I see shoulder overhang and sleeves cut too wide.

mjphillips

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What is the usual delivery time for bespoke Ambrosi pants?

Thank you.

- B

They only deliver in years in which one can see Haley's comet. Part of their charm.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scotty

Reaction score
I posted this picture of me wearing a suit in the WAYWRN and the guys answer that there are too many things wrong to start with it so... as I need advice and don't want to insist over there, though about posting it here for critic.
I can see (now) that the coat looks big in the chest area and the panst are long. The shirt is really too big for my actual size (I lost a lot of weight after buying it) though it's been tailored so I know I need a new one.
Something else I can't see ?
Should I have the coat tailored or is too big for that?
I still like the tie so please don't tell me it's wrong, too
plain.gif

Thanks!

comunion.JPG

comunion2.JPG

Gene Parmesan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scotty
I posted this picture of me wearing a suit in the WAYWRN and the guys answer that there are too many things wrong to start with it so... as I need advice and don't want to insist over there, though about posting it here for critic.
I can see (now) that the coat looks big in the chest area and the panst are long. The shirt is really too big for my actual size (I lost a lot of weight after buying it) though it's been tailored so I know I need a new one.
plain.gif

Thanks!

comunion.JPG

comunion2.JPG

At a guess: shoulders a bit too wide, button-point a bit too high, jacket a little bit too long, trousers far too long. It's not that bad though, is it?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I'm going to have to strongly disagree. Too much fabric everywhere. I see shoulder overhang and sleeves cut too wide.

agreed, body seems ok, but shoulders and arms are to billowy- bulk up my man. ditch.........the............tie............now

Originally Posted by Scotty
plain.gif

Thanks!

comunion.JPG

comunion2.JPG

im not the expert but it seems the pants are a bit long and baggy in the crotch, the jacket sleeves a bit short and the button stance is funny, the jacket just looks off (this could because of how you are standing, good pics are hard to get) and possibly too long. sorry bro it comes from love.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rob01IV
I have 2 questions...

(1) what is the best fabric to make a suit out of that is conducive for south Florida weather?

(2) how much fabric is needed to make a pair of trousers for someone with a 44-46 waistline?

Linen, cotton, silk.

Depends on inseam, but probably a little over 2 yards. Get 2.5 to be safe.

golfnutter66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
agreed, body seems ok, but shoulders and arms are to billowy- bulk up my man. ditch.........the............tie............now

im not the expert but it seems the pants are a bit long and baggy in the crotch, the jacket sleeves a bit short and the button stance is funny, the jacket just looks off (this could because of how you are standing, good pics are hard to get) and possibly too long. sorry bro it comes from love.

Jacket length is fine. Any shorter and it wont cover your rear and you will look ridiculous. Sleeves are a bit too short.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by golfnutter66
Jacket length is fine. Any shorter and it wont cover your rear and you will look ridiculous. Sleeves are a bit too short.

I think the jacket is about an inch too long. Could just be bad posture though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads