• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ITT: We recommend... if you like brand X, you might try brand Y.

ashenwreck

Reaction score
For those that like Sunny Sports (which isn't even that popular here it seems), Anachronorm and Melple seem like cool brands to check out.

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashenwreck
For those that like Sunny Sports (which isn't even that popular here it seems), Anachronorm and Melple seem like cool brands to check out.
+1 to Sunnysports. Too bad theres not much love for it around here.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
suggestion - when posting the brand Y that the person might like, provide a link to websites/stores that stock that brand.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
suggestion - when posting the brand Y that the person might like, provide a link to websites/stores that stock that brand.

It's a good suggestion, but a lot of these brands don't have much distribution outside of their domestic markets. For example, I think that Barneys now carries Closed, but that's been a pretty big brand in the EU for years. When Nudie was only carried in a few stores in the US, it was already at saturation point in Scandanavia. Bergen, which is a large city only by Norwegian standards (I think that the total area has something like 250K residents,) had about a dozen stores selling Nudie at that point. Those Japanese brands - I think that Rakuten and zozo may be the only places that might ship to the States - maybe.

I strongly suggest that if you don't have the means to travel a lot, that you look at affiliates like Wrong Weather and Dressspace, and other online retailers, and just take a chance on something. The easiest way to experiment is just to browse through Yoox, and take a chance, especially during sales. At worst, you'll be out a little cash. At best, you'll find stuff you like.

Part of the reason I started this thread is because, although Styleforum has readers and members globally, a lot of people stick to the brands that are widely available through US (and to a lesser extent) UK based retailers, with notable exceptions like TBS and Luisa via Roma.

Common Projects, WWM, Band of Outsiders are all housed under one roof. Rag&Bone is a 5 minute cab ride away. Engineered Garments and RRL are just a little north. A lot of the other brands we talk about show at Capsule, or have American representation. We see very little of the brands that don't travel across the pond (Pacific or Atlantic.) It'd be really nice to see that.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll make some more generalized recommendations (btw, all can be found on Yoox):

If you like soft fabrics in interesting colors: Piombo shirts and knits.
Wear with unstructured, often washed jackets by Boglioli and Boglioli Coat.
Very Roman Holiday.

And try Kenzo Homme by Antonio Marras, and Antonio Marras's eponymous brand if you like layering in earth tones and grays.

The the aspring ninja, try Blaak (UK) and Endovanera (US - LA). Get a Giorgio Brato leather (IT).

Want to try a mid-level French brand? IKKS.

Some of the best jeans in the world, bar none? Kohzo.

Still into graphic tees? L.G.B.

tyboy

Reaction score
This is one of the best threads I've come across on SF (archived or new). LA Guy you are a plethora of information.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For all the guys that like Ervell suiting, another brand with mid-market cute little skinny suits that are easy to find is Bespoken.

Yeah the name is dumb but they're good at what they do.

And in that whole french-preppy look, a lot of people on this board seem to overlook Kitsune which is available all over the place. A little overpriced IMO but sales make it worth it for sure.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Japanese edition:

If you like Wings+Horns, try Heath
If you like Dior Homme, try Sise
If you like Band of Outsiders, try Industrial Category.

Let's try to get more suggestions. There are hundreds of good labels in the world that we don't talk about here. Jet?

Great stuff. Any additional info like pics, details on the brand, and where to buy would also be helpful.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
For all the guys that like Ervell suiting, another brand with mid-market cute little skinny suits that are easy to find is Bespoken.

Yeah the name is dumb but they're good at what they do.

And in that whole french-preppy look, a lot of people on this board seem to overlook Kitsune which is available all over the place. A little overpriced IMO but sales make it worth it for sure.

KitsunÃ
00a9.png
+ Pierre Hardy colorama hi top. A little bit too hype but sometimes it works.

If you like Studio d'Artisan you'll like bleu de paname

If you like Guidi bags you'll like NumÃ
00a9.png
ro 10

If you like individual sentiments you'll like Marvielab

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
reigning champ or w+h basics -> fil melange

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
does anyone here aside from you own PH ? I'd like a pair of ankle boots and linen jacket but it's quite expensive and impossible to find here

I think Bless can fallow along the lines of Henrik Vibskov or even Bernard Williams

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you like SASQUATCHfabrix. or Needles you'll like: Remi Relief, Kapital, South2West8, Phenomenon

If you like nonnative you'll like: Wacko Maria,

If you like Engineered Garments / WWM you'll like: waste(twice), ts(s)

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
does anyone here aside from you own PH ? I'd like a pair of ankle boots and linen jacket but it's quite expensive and impossible to find here

I think Bless can fallow along the lines of Henrik Vibskov or even Bernard Williams

Paul Harden? I have no idea, I have two jackets (the shortest cut and the regular one) in black panelled wool fabric and raw silk shiny Lanvin meets Harnden style (Elbaz likes Harnden). I wear them a lot, not sure if I ever posted a pic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads