• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
I keep waffling on getting back into cycling... I think I'm gonna do it, I'm lifting at a low enough volume now that I can get some decent miles in. I have deals lined up, just have to pull the triggers and put the bike together. Def enjoy cycling more than lifting, and the weather is getting so nice... plus it's awesome for cutting, as soon as I start to cycle regularly I get leaner, but am not hungrier or any less sharp in the gym

dooo it man cycling is the ****.

i've been trying to do some upper body work...sit ups, leg lifts, push ups, pull ups, and it seems to be working well. my upper body definitely looks better. if I could cut some fat I'd be super happy. unfortunately I'm cycling across country leaving next week so anything other than riding is going to have to stop, but hopefully I can get some decent upper body tone before heading back to uni.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I'm about to start training for next year's Great Wall Marathon. I fear that too much running will turn my hard-earned physique into that of one of those dudes that work at those specialized running shops - sunken cheeks, weather beaten complexion, stick-like arms and legs.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Is anyone else embarrassingly excited for the new fitocracy quests?

I only see 20 rep squats, 20 crunches, playing outdoors and the Pendlay row.

I wish they would add neck extensions to the exercise list. I've been doing 100+ reps of those every workout.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Maybe my question will be better fitted for this thead. I've got weird proportions, narrow waist but huge hips/hams/ass. I used to love working out legs, nothing more satisfying than pumping out 225 a2g for reps or dl'ing 350+, but it just amplifies the disproportion.

I've cut out working legs (still hit calves on isolation), and just run a fair bit now (20km a week or so), but my body is still awkward and it makes me look like a big ***** in jeans. I'm not that overweight, but I guess I store fat in my hips/ass first. What can I do? I've brought my shoulders up a significant amount too to make the disparity less apparent, and I'm 5 or 6 pounds leaner than this pic shows, but little has changed from my hips, am I SOL?

8uP9Ol.jpg

Do I look like I've leaned out a bit since this pic? or the same?

xaMjLl.jpg

lgyCNl.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you leaned out some, but i dont think its a matter of fat as it is a matter of leg muscle

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your body looks like a brown version of mine.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
you leaned out some, but i dont think its a matter of fat as it is a matter of leg muscle

Hrmm ****, did not work out my legs at all between the 1st and 2nd pic. Stopped working them out to try to even my proportions, as you can tell I'm grossly bottom heavy.

Pretty disappointing when I look at it now, been lifting hard and doing cardio regularly for the past 2.5 months and it doesnt seem like much progress.

Thanks for you reply.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Your body looks like a brown version of mine.

hahah, sweet. I've actually never encountered anyone with proportions like mine. Quite strange, you got big hips too? I hate it.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doing IF for a few months to see if that will give me the results i'm looking for (cutting a bit while still retaining or even adding muscle). It makes grocery shopping really easy.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot
Doing IF for a few months to see if that will give me the results i'm looking for (cutting a bit while still retaining or even adding muscle). It makes grocery shopping really easy.
Yep 2-3 big meals a day. I've been saving $$$ too

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot

Best thing I have done in a long time. No joke.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Intermittent sharp pain in my left knee lately
ffffuuuu.gif
. It was so bad a few of days ago, I had tears coming out my eyes.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Running will keep size on your legs. It makes big legs bigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads