• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatguymj
Awesome dip dye. I've been going back and forth on whether to order one for the last month or so! I think I may as well pull the trigger now.

Like how well all the pieces play well together color wise.

Thanks! Check PM's

Originally Posted by nahneun
Since it's so funny you should sell it to me (or help me find a charcoal in a 44! can only find stone
frown.gif
)
wink.gif

Sorry for my initial laughing, man
redface.gif
. Gonna be on the hunt today for some add'l 44's (0) (If they exist..). Will PM you if I'm able to track anything down...I'm curious to see if that charcoal is floating around in a 44 as well. Not that I would get it myself being i just got the stone...but again just curious as it looks like they didn't make many at all..

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
fit

Looks good and everything is nicely fitted. A bit 'blue' all around, but it kind of works for you there and the blue tones actually appear to agree in the photo. I'm not sold on the hat (maybe just because it's so hot where I am this week) -- but minor grievance there. Also, looks like you're exercising as well, which for some can be 60%+ of a good fit...so keep that up for sure. Nothing makes a shirt fit better than a solid set of shoulders and lats.

Originally Posted by bowvalley2000
Fit

Nice, Bow...looks good. Mac looks solid too, man.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It's 65 right now. I change into a suit when I get to work. Ervell summer cardigan is nice you can feel the breeze right through the knit.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Looks good and everything is nicely fitted. A bit 'blue' all around, but it kind of works for you there and the blue tones actually appear to agree in the photo. I'm not sold on the hat (maybe just because it's so hot where I am this week) -- but minor grievance there. Also, looks like you're exercising as well, which for some can be 60%+ of a good fit...so keep that up for sure. Nothing makes a shirt fit better than a solid set of shoulders and lats.

Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
kwoyeu, no hate man, but that hat is awful. It makes you look like a child.

Very much appreciate the feedback guys!

Slack: definitely agreed that it's a little too much blue all around though glad to hear you think it kinda works. i got tons of dark-colored tees during the winter and now found them to give out a unbearably (almost depressingly!) 'heavy' overall look when paired with dark bottoms... and when the tee's color isn't itself a shade of blue (think dark brown/bergundy/olive) the whole outfit simply looks bad most of the time (at least to me).... Thanks for the compliment though - will keep up exercising and bulking up (hopefully, no to a point where I'll have to replace my shirts!)

WhoKnewI: thanks - I was hoping the beanie would make the outfit a bit more interesting given the color schemde... but I guess it only made it more childish! I am a big fan of hats in general though, largely because I have really unmanageable hair and would love to be able to simply wear one on days when I'm lazy
tounge.gif
baseball caps I've found not to work with my face shape.. beanies seem better suited but I guess the design on this one is no good ...
cry.gif
still in search of a good one...

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
This is where the definition clashes. To NT and ISS, streetwear is basically a 'hypebeast' brand top such as Supreme, The 100s, C&C, etc. with some 'heat' such as OG Nikes, sought after Js, etc. Sometimes the outfit is topped off with a New Era fitted that compliments the shoes.
never has the GN quote in my sig been more appropriate
tounge.gif

Originally Posted by robbie
250124_10150196032731835_508016834_7442022_4585367_n.jpg

selfridges x coke
buzz
conexroy

BAWSE!

Originally Posted by slack tide
b.jpg

c.jpg

nice stuffs here slack, like where your thoughts are too with regards to a soft black denim. i loved wearing my margiela denim with the geller. fabrics were meant for eachother lol! youd prob do well in a 44 margiela cut...just saying
devil.gif

Originally Posted by aeglus
good idea wally
tumblr_llsp0jwKQq1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_llsoziG5HS1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

detail shot
tumblr_llsospdOdJ1qcq3ab

dizzam this is dope

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mad nick wooster vibe from aeglus

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ivwri has more swag than anybody in this thread

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
It's good to finally see a fit pic of the all-whites. I like them better than I thought I would.

Thanks - this is actually my second day wearing them (I bought my first pair a month ago but never got round to wearing). ..I especially like the soles' shape (the white low original achilles' soles don't look good on me for some reason).

a few more detailed shots (click to enlarge):

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have those and wear them all the time, but I still think they are the ugliest shoes ever and refer to them as that.
redface.gif

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
kwoyeu, Try a thinner cotton/linen beanie that's a bit longer. The one you're wearing looks like skullcap.

Those all white GATs look interesting, albeit kinda clunky.

thanks, as i recall rag & bone has some linen ones. will check them out next time I walk by the store
alien.gif

the all white GATs do look kinda blobby in pictures. irl the details on the sides are more visible and the toes have a bit more shape to them. they feel super soft to the touch, almost like nubuck (though they're technically described as 'ultra-fine suede'..). they also react to water in the same way nubuck does (temporary color change and all that)

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I have those and wear them all the time, but I still think they are the ugliest shoes ever and refer to them as that.
redface.gif

sell them to me, we're the same size
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads