• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickstart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Picked up a navy patch pocket blazer from Herringbone for $199 today ... some great reductions in store today, especially if you're a 40 or 42. Had to restrain myself from buying another suit. This was at the Collins St store near Louis Vuitton (which is closing down and moving everything).

At their store at the top end of Collins, they have a great range of C&Js to lust over (not on sale unfortunately).

I just pulled the trigger on a size 40 blue self stripe. Pretty happy with it. Bargain at $599 in my mind.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasj
Nice one! Wow, their shipping is really cheap...

Sarcasm? Last time I had a look at their shipping it was something like a minimum of $40...

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
This is a generalisation. The level of tips depends on the service being offered, and I say "service" because you generally don't tip at a high street fashion store. It's bars, restaurants, cabs, sky captains etc. where tipping is expected. Also, I'd say 10% is what an Australian in the US would tip - by American standards I've found 10% is very mean.
This is from my wife and my wife's family, all of whom are American. They're the one's who tip 10%, and in my experiences in the US with them (having lived there a little while), I saw many tip just as they did/do. I certainly never received bad or no service by tipping 10%. But, as I said in my previous post here on the subject, the amount one tips does vary from person to person, naturally.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kickstart
I just pulled the trigger on a size 40 blue self stripe. Pretty happy with it. Bargain at $599 in my mind.

Suit? Fark if they're that cheap I might go back this arvo ...

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
At the top of collins st store they had the blue in a 40 and 42 for $599. There was also a blue windowpane in one of those 2 sizes for $399. The blue blazer for $199 was extremely tempting also.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit? Fark if they're that cheap I might go back this arvo ...
Damn you May "no purchase club"...
laugh.gif

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Don't suppose one of these sales ever happens around September does it? I'll hopefully have my fitness on track by then and I can start buying clothes again.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a navy patch pocket blazer from Herringbone for $199 today ...
Same, great minds
Originally Posted by Jimbosaurus
Don't suppose one of these sales ever happens around September does it? I'll hopefully have my fitness on track by then and I can start buying clothes again.
Why September? just do it now? Make a purchase and use it as inspiration to get to your ideal weight, then wear the ^$%$ out of it and soak up the compliments.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Damn you May "no purchase club"...
laugh.gif

Damn it all to hell!

Originally Posted by jaypee
Same, great minds

Idoubitably

(I scored myself a new role with additional denarios a couple of weeks ago so been on a bit of a spending frenzy).

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Why September? just do it now? Make a purchase and use it as inspiration to get to your ideal weight, then wear the ^$%$ out of it and soak up the compliments.

Extremely tempting but I honestly have no idea what size my 'ideal weight' is.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Jimbo try and get yourself down to a 38R ... if it doesn't work, I'll take it off your hands!
devil.gif

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Jimbo try and get yourself down to a 38R ... if it doesn't work, I'll take it off your hands!
devil.gif

Maybe he is a 38 and he wants to get down to a heroin-chic Dior 36R?
foo.gif

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sz36 jackets left? What time herringbone close tonight?

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I seem to recall one or two 36Rs ... I was after a herringbone weave blazer like the one on sale on the website and they only had it in a 36 and 40,42 over at the collins near Armani store

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and 100kg. At one point in my life I was the same height and 63kg. I'd like to be halfway between those 2 points. No idea what jacket size that would leave me with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics